Grading Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope?

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #11  
A good tooth bar (in my opinion)

58DBE11D-4063-4685-BDB2-58F456852051.jpeg

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope?
Thanks for the replies! The pic showing the grading on the steep slope made me feel better - mine isn't nearly that steep. I took some pics that better show the profile of the yard. The work will be done with a Kioti CK2610.

A toothbar was recommended to me by the dealer too for this, so I'll get one after I take delivery.

Attachments

• 20190823_173215_HDR.jpg
    20190823_173215_HDR.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 20190823_173230_HDR.jpg
    20190823_173230_HDR.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 292
   / Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #13  
What Henro said. First thing is to scrape off all the good topsoil and put it aside. Then do your rough grading as others have said, let gravity do most the work pushing material from top to bottom. after it is mostly the way you want it, put the top soil back on the slope.

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #14  
As Henro and Downsizingnow48 said, stockpile the topsoil off to the side to reinstate later.
Obvous problem is the section (house area) is sloped to take runoff AWAY from the house, so you must leave that area as is. So where exactly will the subsoil be going?
I think that your tractor will be to light to do more than scrape the topsoil off.
I would suggest using an earthworks contractor to do the main job(strip topsoil and shift subsoil) and use your tractor to do the top soil reinstatement.
What sort of subsoil do you have, volcanic ash, mudstone, clay?

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #15  
I'm looking at that and wondering if I'd even attempt to tackle it with my NX5510 and a 7' box blade. It takes a long time to dig up and move a lot of earth. Maybe contract it out? Thinking dozer time...

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #16  
Have you calculated how many cubic yards you are planning to move and how far you are moving it? This seems more like a job for a dirt contractor.

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #17  
I'm looking at that and wondering if I'd even attempt to tackle it with my NX5510 and a 7' box blade. It takes a long time to dig up and move a lot of earth. Maybe contract it out? Thinking dozer time...

It would take forever with a little tractor. I’d really want a backhoe or excavator to cut the up hill side flat. Maybe a dozer would do it but that’s hard to do with other equipment. If I was doing it I’d use my backhoe to dig the rough grade and then use a tracked skid steer to finish grade it. Given enough time I could do the whole job with the skid steer but I’d have to cut the flat area working up hill and it’s drastically less efficient doing it that way. Next question, is it even a good idea? It looks like it currently has a nice valley to direct water away from the house.

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #18  
^^^ Yeah, that's probably the best approach.

I "think" that the OP is just looking to create a kinder gentler slope such that it's more usable: knock down the top and knock down the angle of that hill side. The house side of things, I'd imagine, would stay the same: that's a drainage "V" (I Just did this behind my house, though less drastic).

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #19  
What is your goal ? Flatter land ? or Just not so steep ? Looks like a perfect spot for a retaining wallcut into slope and graded off . Set of stairs and French drain at bottom . Lots of great ideas all you need is money.

/ Best way to regrade hill to reduce slope? #20  
I forgot :drink: