BH stabilizer claws

/ BH stabilizer claws #11  
The Kubota flip over stabilizer pads are the easiest to use.
Steel grip on one side, flip over ...rubber on the other side.
My TLB is missing the rubber pads.
I am looking for an inexpensive rubber source, to make my own.

Mine look like cut up old tire side walls , Factory from kubota

/ BH stabilizer claws #12  
I like the B21 pads. One side is steel ridges when you want to dig in. The other side is rubber pads for surfaces you don't want to mess up.

Yeah, both my B21 and B20 hoes have feet like that.

My Woods clone hoe (Prairie Dog) has cast steel feet with a rubber shoe on one side, and a pointed side that digs in.

I wonder why hoe makers have gotten away from flip-over feet....

/ BH stabilizer claws #13  

Loading dock bumpers are the same thing. Laminated rubber. Not inexpensive. Taking a hacksaw to an old tire would probably work too.

/ BH stabilizer claws #14  
The loading dock bumpers are pretty expensive. Want about a cheap tire chock mounted pointed side down? IMG_8271.JPG

/ BH stabilizer claws #15  

i used tire tread off an 18 wheeler i found an the side of the road. cut them with a bandsaw to size, drilled holes and stacked them and bolted them together. really tough!

/ BH stabilizer claws #16  
Truck flaps? I got a couple and cut them up when I needed to replace the debris baffles on my brush mower.

Mine are shaped like the OP's, but made from a large piece of C channel. I tried boxed in on all four sides. They were instantly packed full of material and slid like flat plate.

That's why I did the L pattern.

/ BH stabilizer claws #17  
I took the rubber pads off my machine because I didn’t like them. I was thinking about making about a 6” extension for my m59 pads. The stabilizers don’t lift high enough for my liking.

Didn’t like the rubber pads for the M59? I was thinking of getting some factory pads or homemade for my M59.
Have rubber pads on the B26 and work real well. Think the same pads fit all their TLBs. I do like the couple of inches of added height they add.

/ BH stabilizer claws #18  
Didn’t like the rubber pads for the M59? I was thinking of getting some factory pads or homemade for my M59.
Have rubber pads on the B26 and work real well. Think the same pads fit all their TLBs. I do like the couple of inches of added height they add.

No, the Kubota pads already have a lip on both sides like some of the modified pads here and the rubber didn’t let them bite. I don’t use the backhoe on concrete or asphalt much either. For the time I do just the metal pads don’t really hurt anything as long as you don’t slide them around.

/ BH stabilizer claws #19  
My Woods 750 had good steel pads but not so good on the asphalt. I made two types, one out of treated wood and the other out of M60 tank pads, seconds from Goodyear when I worked there. They worked well also.

/ BH stabilizer claws #20  
No, the Kubota pads already have a lip on both sides like some of the modified pads here and the rubber didn’t let them bite. I don’t use the backhoe on concrete or asphalt much either. For the time I do just the metal pads don’t really hurt anything as long as you don’t slide them around.

I haven’t got many hours on the M59 yet but see the need for improvements with it’s powerful hoe. The 4500 Ford BH it replaced had nice “X” pads and the stabilizers would pick the machine up higher. The extra extension is helpful on our hillside farm and soft ground to level the machine. So your thoughts on 6” spacers makes sense. Think I might make them wider too.