BH stabilizer claws

/ BH stabilizer claws #21  
I was thinking about making about a 6 extension for my m59 pads. The stabilizers don稚 lift high enough for my liking./QUOTE]

??? The tires should be either just touching the ground or slightly off depending on grade. Anything else minimizes digging depth and rearward reach.

OMT166698

/ BH stabilizer claws #22  
I haven’t got many hours on the M59 yet but see the need for improvements with it’s powerful hoe. The 4500 Ford BH it replaced had nice “X” pads and the stabilizers would pick the machine up higher. The extra extension is helpful on our hillside farm and soft ground to level the machine. So your thoughts on 6” spacers makes sense. Think I might make them wider too.

The inability to level itself is exactly why I want them taller. Being longer would be better too. Mine is prone to tipping sideways when moving a load to the side that wouldn’t happen if the stabilizers were a little longer. My 310 was much better in that regard.

/ BH stabilizer claws #23  
The inability to level itself is exactly why I want them taller. Being longer would be better too. Mine is prone to tipping sideways when moving a load to the side that wouldn稚 happen if the stabilizers were a little longer. My 310 was much better in that regard.

Get a smaller bucket..:laughing:

/ BH stabilizer claws #24  
??? The tires should be either just touching the ground or slightly off depending on grade. Anything else minimizes digging depth and rearward reach.

OMT166698

Lifting it higher also decreases the distance it can dig to the machine. My 310 was pretty lacking in that measurement. Leveling or past leveling the machine on a slope makes it much less prone to getting pulled down hill.

/ BH stabilizer claws #25  

:thumbsup: slow down swing speed, keep machine on ground for better weight transfer, use cribbing to build up one side, etc....

/ BH stabilizer claws #26  

Well yea it wouldn’t happen if I used my 24” bucket but the 36” is needed to dig a septic ditch. I don’t like using a narrow bucket to dig a wider trench. It’s harder to do, slower, and isn’t nearly as neat a job.

/ BH stabilizer claws #27  
Leveling or past leveling the machine on a slope makes it much less prone to getting pulled down hill.

Are you working across a slope? Why not cut a shelf for the machine to sit on vs. trying to use the stabilizers ?

/ BH stabilizer claws #28  
:thumbsup: slow down swing speed, keep machine on ground for better weight transfer, use cribbing to build up one side, etc....

You’ve got to be kidding. Let’s get off the machine to move a 6x6 block stack every time I move the machine forward. Another benefit to all that hassle is I’ve lost the benefit of the stabilizer engaging the ground.

/ BH stabilizer claws #29  
With the B21 if I leave the upslope tire on the ground I can raise the downslope tire about 6-8" with the stabilizer. If that isnt enough I figure I am just outside the capability of the machine.

/ BH stabilizer claws #30  
With the B21 if I leave the upslope tire on the ground I can raise the downslope tire about 6-8" with the stabilizer. If that isnt enough I figure I am just outside the capability of the machine.

A 6-8” distance over the width of the machine isn’t that much. It’s when the back end is down a hill and I want to raise it up to make it level that it’s really lacking.