Big Bud Tractors Resurrected

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #12  
I used to live in Montana near the Big Bud manufacturing plant. I saw quite a few of them working the massive rangeland out there. Those beasts were huge. Have no idea if any of theme are still out working the land.

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #14  
Cat isn't as guarded as Deere is. Look at Versatile tractors. They are using Cummins engines with Caterpillar transmissions. Cat and Cummins were willing to let each other into their ecm's to interface the engine and trans.

And I can say......I had nightmares with the emission systems on my on-road Cummins and Detroit engines after Cat pulled out of the on-road market, but now that I am not trucking any more, I am running Cat equipment in the mines and I have had almost zero emissions system problems with these Cat off road engines.
And many of them idle all day.

No, they are not bulletproof, I have had a few codes during the periods of minus 40 winter temps because they couldn't get hot enough to regen, but not nearly the amount of issues I have had with on road engines.
I think Cat has something figured out.

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #15  
Cat isn't as guarded as Deere is. Look at Versatile tractors. They are using Cummins engines with Caterpillar transmissions. Cat and Cummins were willing to let each other into their ecm's to interface the engine and trans.

And I can say......I had nightmares with the emission systems on my on-road Cummins and Detroit engines after Cat pulled out of the on-road market, but now that I am not trucking any more, I am running Cat equipment in the mines and I have had almost zero emissions system problems with these Cat off road engines.
And many of them idle all day.

No, they are not bulletproof, I have had a few codes during the periods of minus 40 winter temps because they couldn't get hot enough to regen, but not nearly the amount of issues I have had with on road engines.
I think Cat has something figured out.

I’ll be looking hard at Versatile if the need arises….
Otherwise another big Magnum or a New Holland TG
PRE emissions

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #17  
Yes, I was commenting on how Kubota is using the 6.7L Cummins in their new bigger M’s in another thread.
I guess the Kubota 6.1L 4cylinder reaches it’s max at about 200HP, while the Cummins would probably go up to 260+ in a farm tractor.

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #18  
The bigger Versatiles are using the newer L-9 Cummins.

/ Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #19  
Yes, I was commenting on how Kubota is using the 6.7L Cummins in their new bigger M’s in another thread.
I guess the Kubota 6.1L 4cylinder reaches it’s max at about 200HP, while the Cummins would probably go up to 260+ in a farm tractor.
Kubota utilizes Cummins in their M8 line, the M7 line still is Kubota engined.
The bigger Versatiles are using the newer L-9 Cummins.
Yep, the Versatile Nemesis is the Kubota M8. Kubota is not making the M8, it is made in the Versatile factory. Versatile painted it orange, and made some changes per Kubota's request to differentiate it.

Last edited:
   / Big Bud Tractors Resurrected #20  
Would love to have one of the L-9 powered MFWD’s pulling my Krone square baler