Big tex 45 SS

/ Big tex 45 SS #12  
Well I called the nearest dealer and asked how to order one, he never called back.
A freind was heading to texas and offered to pick one up for me, so i called the factory and left a message with the person I was directed to, and they never called back.
I want to buy a trailer and no one at big tex will sell me one.

I had a similar situation with the local Big Tex dealer: Expressed interest, and the salesperson didn't seem interested in giving me the time of day. They need some sales training.

/ Big tex 45 SS
Glad to hear that it's not just me!

/ Big tex 45 SS #14  
If it has 2 each 3500# axles, why would the GVWR only be 4490#? The empty trailer should weigh ~ 1500# - 1800# with the GTWR being ~ 7000#.

I avoided some trailers locally due to the GVWR (GTWR) being significantly less than 7000# with tandem 3500# axles. I just ordered a 16' Lawrimore utility trailer with tandem axles, brakes on both, mesh 12" sides, mounted spare tire, etc. The GTWR will be 7000#.

I also have a Lawrimore 20', 10.4k# equipment trailer purchased last fall that I like a lot. Pulls great and is constructed well.

/ Big tex 45 SS #15  
It may be a tax or licensing adjustment.

In WA, a trailer over 3000 is required to have brakes, so there are many new trailers for sale, with a 3500lb axle and a 2990 GVW.

Bruce

/ Big tex 45 SS #16  
It may be a tax or licensing adjustment.

In WA, a trailer over 3000 is required to have brakes, so there are many new trailers for sale, with a 3500lb axle and a 2990 GVW.

Bruce

We see similar here in SC and I would understand that if all trailer manufacturers in a certain class were rated like that in a particular state, like all single axle trailers are in SC that I have seen. SC law stipulates that once a trailer hits 3001#, all wheels must have brakes. And there is not a tax difference in SC and trailers do not need to be registered/licensed. Another gotcha for any state is, if a trailer is rated for say, 5500# GTWR and weighs 1800#, its legal load capacity is only 3700#. So when I purchase a trailer, I make sure its GTWR/GVWR matches the combined axle ratings. Keeps me out of trouble in any circumstance, such as being liable in an accident not caused by myself when I am carrying a load close to trailer axle capacity/GTWR.

/ Big tex 45 SS
If it has 2 each 3500# axles, why would the GVWR only be 4490#? The empty trailer should weigh ~ 1500# - 1800# with the GTWR being ~ 7000#.

I avoided some trailers locally due to the GVWR (GTWR) being significantly less than 7000# with tandem 3500# axles. I just ordered a 16' Lawrimore utility trailer with tandem axles, brakes on both, mesh 12" sides, mounted spare tire, etc. The GTWR will be 7000#.

I also have a Lawrimore 20', 10.4k# equipment trailer purchased last fall that I like a lot. Pulls great and is constructed well.
Thanks I called lawrimore. If my local guy doesn't come through or his Texas Bragg trailer is junk, I will go to lawrimore, it's 3 1/2 hrs away.

/ Big tex 45 SS
1469620026258.jpg

I finally bought a trailer. Texas Bragg 16' no brakes. I like that it's gray instead regular black.

/ Big tex 45 SS #19  
How can you get by without brakes? What state are you in? Around here over 3K it must have brakes on one axle.

Chris

/ Big tex 45 SS
TN, I know a lot of people with very similar setups. I have never heard of police checking anything having to do with trailers. I'm not going out of state or out of town. So, I guess that's a crappy answer and I will get some responses about how irresponsible and dumb I am :(. Oh well.......