big tex dump trailer problem

/ big tex dump trailer problem #11  
Is the motor running on the down stroke? I've had a battery go dead on the way up to the point it wouldn't power down so I let gravity do it's thing and then it puked out the vent. If the motor isn't running you're not transferring fluid from one side of the cylinder to the other if it's a double acting cylinder. You create a vacuum in the rod end while emptying the fluid out of the cap end. The only thing that throws me off is the fact that it creeps down when up. That sounds like a bad valve not sealing off.

/ big tex dump trailer problem #12  
I had the solenoid go bad. It would stop the motor from running when lowering, which allowed the bed to lower too quickly. Without the motor regulating the speed, the fluid shot out. It did this a few times before I got the problem sorted. The manufacturer of the pump, KTI, sent me a replacement solenoid. It was easy to replace.

Is your motor running the entire time it’s lowering, if it’s a power down?

/ big tex dump trailer problem #13  
This is likely being caused from the solenoid not opening. On the way down the oil gets diverted to the other side of the cylinder. When it has nowhere to go it overflows the sump.
Same thing that would happen on a power down with a dead battery. Take a DVM and test the coil resistance, if that's ok check all the wiring.

Matt