Blade position on a 3-blade deck

/ Blade position on a 3-blade deck #1  

Pete6114

Gold Member
Tractor
F2690(Sold) GR2120(Sold) L3240(sold) B1700(sold)
I often wondered if the blade position's matters any. Should they be in line or should they be in a certain position or don't matter at all?

/ Blade position on a 3-blade deck #2  
When I am changing them I try to line them up all the same because I am just weird on stuff being in order and whatnot; however, practically they aren't going to stay that way. I have spent many days thinking on this very subject, and one day in meditation it struck me! They are belt driven and are going to slip, strike things, whatever and end up in whatever position the fates have in store for them.

/ Blade position on a 3-blade deck #3  
Whatever position they end up in..

/ Blade position on a 3-blade deck #5  
My opinion, blade alignment means nothing. They will eventually get out of position. Was reading GR2120 manual and found this interesting diagram and note, 'To prolong the service life of the blades, rearrange them as shown in the figure below periodically'. Philip.

Attachments

• blade alignment.pdf
    336 KB · Views: 3,135
   / Blade position on a 3-blade deck #7  
My opinion, blade alignment means nothing. They will eventually get out of position. Was reading GR2120 manual and found this interesting diagram and note, 'To prolong the service life of the blades, rearrange them as shown in the figure below periodically'. Philip.

The Bx manual also shows that.

Last edited:
   / Blade position on a 3-blade deck
Thanks for that pdf. Looking at the blade position...makes sense to me for efficient discharge. Once i get my new GR2120, i'll pay attention and will see how long they keep that position.

/ Blade position on a 3-blade deck #9  
Thanks for that pdf. Looking at the blade position...makes sense to me for efficient discharge. Once i get my new GR2120, i'll pay attention and will see how long they keep that position.

I ordered my GR2120 May 31, was suppose to get on June 7. Did not make truck on June 5, so now I am looking at a June 14 delivery day. Oh well, just one more week. Philip.

/ Blade position on a 3-blade deck #10  
I'm pretty sure that is referring to rotating the blades to different spindles after sharpening.