Bobcat GPS locator killing battery

/ Bobcat GPS locator killing battery #11  
Built in GPS‘s are becoming common place because stealing has become the job of choice For many.

It would not in my opinion be wise to post anything on an Internet forum about how to disable such theft deterrent devices.

/ Bobcat GPS locator killing battery
hi Gator, I have no intention to disable it nor advising such, my machine sees little use maybe a few hours a month around the acerage, what I want is the GPS powering up when the display is powered up, I leave it when not used with the house 90 degrees to track and boom with blade down.

I am assuming any would be theith will turn the display on but does not have the code to start the machine

from discussions with dealer the GPS has located several stolen machines locally so the system does work well

/ Bobcat GPS locator killing battery #13  
I hope my Kubota doesnt have that crap on it and if it did I would want to remove it nothing wrong with saying that on the internet after all it is MY tractor.

I hope my Kubota doesnt have that crap on it and if it did I would want to remove it nothing wrong with saying that on the internet after all it is MY tractor.
and you need to add your address at the end

/ Bobcat GPS locator killing battery #15  
I second the suggestion for a solar powered battery tender. Quick, easy and cheap, plus it doesn't alter the machine or its functionality. Some models can even be left it place and are totally hands-off.

/ Bobcat GPS locator killing battery #16  
True. Your equipment you can do with it what you want to. Now consider this if you remove the gps sender and light finger harry steals the unit will the insurance company pay for the loss? Will the police look for the unit if they discover you had removed the gps.

If my unit I would install a trickle charger either powered by land line or solar powered. If I had to install a solar panel to generate the voltage to power the trickle charger I would also install a fuel shut off in a hidden location on the unit.

/ Bobcat GPS locator killing battery #17  
Another vote for simple solar charger and panel. Very inexpensive now.

My fuel trailer has had a small one to keep the battery charged for years.

well Im going to invest in the solar idea, locate it on the cab and done, good point regarding the insurance however I figured when the robber tried to start the unit and display powered up the GPS would be on line

all my machines have a shutoff on the fuel lines, I knoe they work because a couple times started the machine and it runs for 30 seconds and dies

so looking at solar chargers, there are some that will mount inside the cab to the glass pannel, mount the controller and connect o battery, this way all the system is inside the cab, I realise its better on the outside but a 300watt pannel should easily keep up with whats draining the battery

thoghts? how and where are you mounting them?

/ Bobcat GPS locator killing battery #20  
If it has a cigarette lighter that has power full time, that's where I'd trickle charge it, solar or 120vac.