Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac?

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac?
KentT,
Power Trac trailer packages filled with attachments and the tractor are great.

But I understand the Bobcat Toolcat has gone through the process to be approved for on-street road use and motor vehicle registration (in most states), with the $1500 Road Package of side mirrors, extra lights, turn signals, alarms, flasher, reflectors, impact protection, etc. So if you do a lot of neighborhood snow removal or other jobs within a few miles of your base, you don't need to trailer the Toolcat. Instead, the Toolcat can go 18mph and can pull a trailer full of its attachments on the street legally, from what I understand.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( BrianSouthernMD,Thanks for the pricing info on the Toolcat rear PTO and hydraulics. I am confused about the difference between the "Remote Rear Hydraulics" and "Rear Auxiliary Hydraulics" options. Unfortunately, Bobcat has not updated their Toolcat website info yet on any of these new Toolcat options
What does the Remote Rear Hydraulics option get you? What does the Rear Auxiliary Hydraulics option get you? )</font>

bam747, the following info is from a 2005 edition of the Operation & Maintenance Manual for the Toolcat 5600 B-series:

"Remote Hydraulics (Option): The remote hydraulics system uses the cargo box hydraulic circuit to supply hydraulic oil through a selector valve to two poppet style quick couplers. The remote hydraulics can be used for rear attachments that require hydraulic function such as extending and retracting a hydraulic cylinder. The quick couplers and the selector valve are mounted under the right side of the cargo box at the rear of the machine.

Rear Auxiliary Hydraulics (Option): The rear auxiliary hydraulics system uses a diverter valve to supply oil from the front auxiliary hydraulics to the rear of the machine. The rear auxiliary hydraulics can be used for rear attachments that require continuous hydraulic flow in both directions. The Power Take-Off, if equipped, is also operated with the rear auxiliary hydraulics. The quick couplers are located under the left side of the cargo box near the rear of the machine.

Power Take-Off (PTO) (Option): The Toolcat 5600 Utility Work Machine PTO system is a hydraulically driven rear PTO designated as Type I per ASAE S203.15. The PTO system operates only at 540 RPM (@2700 RPM engine speed). The attachment or implement driveline should not exceed Category 4 per ASAE S331.5. The PTO system can be used with attachments requiring up to 46 engine hp, or 56 hp on Model 5600T. [Rated PTO hp is 46hp on 5600T.] Use of attachments in applications requiring more than 22 hp PTO MAY result in less than optimum performance.

The PTO motor is operated using the Rear Auxiliary Hydraulic system. Mirrors (field installed) may be beneficial when using rear attached implements."

That's the difference between the two rear hydraulic options.

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #43  
I was told today that Toolcat Version C is now available ... the improvements made were all in the hydraulics
1) Better FEL capability, no specifics mentioned
2) Better hydraulic transmission capabilities, no specifics mentioned and lastly,
3) improved FEL rollback (I was told that "it would be 3x better" but the individual that conveyed this to me was, again, unsure of specifics of what "it" refered to!)
If I find out more I will post ASAP

Steve,
Bobcat provided Toolcat A-series purchasers with several of the B-series improvements, including new axles, etc. Let's hope some of the upcoming, future C-series improvements can/will be retrofitted to the B-series.

I'm pleased with the performance of my B-series unit that came out of the factory this summer, and with the manufacturer price incentives and dealer discount. If people, didn't buy the A-series, there wouldn't be a B-series; the upcoming C-series wouldn't happen without good B-series sales.

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #45  
My dealer says he will be meeting with the Bobcat rep. in the morning to get all the specs on the new "C" Series Toolcat. He said he would call me as soon as the meeting is over. I'll post that info for everyone on the evening of the 13th. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #46  
Thanks and welcome to TBN!

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #47  
Brian,
If you do not have the following chart, I thought you would appreciate it. The 56 HP Turbocharged Kubota powerplant running the Toolcat is sweet, as you are well aware, and scant fuel consumption to boot! Source : Kubota engine info/specs

curves

<font color="red">EDIT - fixed curves link Hazmat </font>

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #48  
Thanks for the welcome. My dealer called and told me that the 5600 Turbo I ordered will be a "C" Series. He said that most of the changes will be in the boom. Less role back angle /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, (to prevent folks from dumping their load onto the windshield) and approx. 4X the current breakout force /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.
I don't know if there is a factory price change, but he is not charging me anymore for my macine. The most interesting info he gave me was that Bobcat will be surveying dealers to see if customers are interested in a telescoping boom that would extend from 74"-96" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, though it would reduce cap. from 1500lbs to 1200lbs. I'd gladly give up 300lbs. for 24" more! I'll promptly pass on any additional information he gives me.

Big_Daddy,

Thanks for posting the C-series info, and congrats on your decision to order a new Toolcat. Mine has exceeded expectations during my first 44 hours of use.

The rollback I have on my B-series seems very good, especially for the most inexpensive of the seven attachments I bought -- a small 14" - 28" stump / grubbing bucket from Markham Welding. I used this outstanding grubbing bucket on my Toolcat Saturday for five hours to dig out small to medium stumps with deep roots. It's also good for trenching, since the width of the bucket is less than width from inside of a front tire to inside of other front tire.

What attachments have you ordered or plan to order for your new Toolcat? Now that all mine are in and have been put to solid use, I promise to finally upload photos Real Soon Now!

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #50  
tc01.jpg

Toolcat as an all terrain forklift. 15 feet lift. $8K.

Forkster