Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac?

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #51  
Big_Daddy,
Thanks for the update on C series improvements! My source gave it to me on the fly and was obviously way off.
I contacted Bobcat HQ today for specifics, but with your info. now I don't need it! Like Brian said, congrats on your decision of purchasing the Toolcat. Let us know when yours is in and how you like it! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Steve

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #52  
Brian,

Only 44 hours in just over a week? Did you have time to sleep? Or is that what the "bed" of the Toolcat is for?;)
On a more serious note, it sounds like you were getting alot done...that grubbing bucket looks/sounds great. Markham Welding has a great reputation.

Enjoy,
Steve

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Brian, Only 44 hours in just over a week? Did you have time to sleep? Or is that what the "bed" of the Toolcat is for?;) On a more serious note, it sounds like you were getting alot done...that grubbing bucket looks/sounds great. Markham Welding has a great reputation. Enjoy,
Steve )</font>
Steve, I'm counting my earlier 13.8-hour Toolcat demo time in the 44. But the Toolcat has been put to use for multiple hours every day since it arrived. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif And you don't think twice about switching among the seven attachments to do what you want done right then! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #54  
Hey, I heard that if this thread gets enough views and replies that it will be the Toolcat home area!
I just think that Re: Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? sounds a little funny.
Maybe some day. . . .

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #55  
   / Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac?
rivulet,
Good to see TBN Toolcat threads assembled. Note ATV/UVers started initial discussions, but now the Toolcat work machine is looked at more as a compact attachment carrier and tractor (w/ front lift arm & optional rear PTO!).

The enginnering notes on the focus groups give a sense of what Bobcat aimed to create. And thanks also for the Toolcat with Forkster all-terrain 15' lift photo & link. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #57  
Hey Brian,

I like that bucket! It wasn't on my list of attatchmnets but it is now! I ordered Hyd. Forks, an Ind. Grapple, 72" mower, and I'm going to order an awsome grabbing tool made by Starhill Solutions called "Jawz", www.starilljawz.com. Options on the Toolcat will be High Flow, Keyless Security, Rear Window Guard, Delux Road Pkg., Block Heater, Strobe, am/fm/cd. I'm not all that fond of all that white & orange, so I'm going to have it painted to match my Yamaha Kodiak ATV. The bed, fenders, and boom will be a dark olive green and the wheels will be painted flat black. Additionally, because of the extreme Texas Heat, all windows will be Limo tinted. With the R4's it's going to look really hardcore. I can't wait!bb

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #58  
   / Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #59  
Here is the update provided to me by Joseph Beltrami of Highway Equipment and Supply of Drums, PA on the differences between C series Toolcats and its' predecessors

UTILITY WORK MACHINE INFORMATION

Toolcat 5600 C-Series Work Machine Now Available
The C-Series Toolcat utility work machine went into production on Tuesday, September 6, 2005. All Toolcat 5600 orders that haven't been shipped by September 6 will be converted to C-Series machines.

In response to customer input, the C-Series lift arm (twin beam design), boom tower and tilt linkage have been redesigned to improve lift capabilities and rollback force. The C-Series machine also has improved pallet lifting capability allowing heavier loads to be lifted to flat bed trailer heights.

The rollback force - 2,500 lbs. on the C-Series vs. 670 lbs. on the A and B-Series - provides for extended attachment approval including the 60-inch sweeper, 60-inch Brushcat rotary cutter, 5B landscape rake, 62-inch combination bucket and 36-inch auger bit. This added versatility gives Toolcat machine customers the ability to do even more work with less equipment.

The redesigned tilt linkage provides assisted leveling of the bucket and other attachments. The C-Series Toolcat machine tilts 30 degrees at maximum lift height (the B-Series machine tilts 85 degrees). This improvement makes it easier to level loads while lifting, giving the operator more control over loads and attachments.

The C-Series Toolcat work machine will be covered in the September 13 dealer call-in session.

There have also been improvements to the HVAC and additional noise reduction has been added to reduce interior Db.

Hope this info is helpful!

/ Bobcat Toolcat 5600 or Power Trac 1850 for 168 ac? #60  
Oops! Your right! Thanks for the correction.