Bolt on blade for buckets

/ Bolt on blade for buckets #41  
I was in paper before, just not web printing. Thanks for the link, just read it. I can not believe that was done. Would have been my last day on the job and would have went to get a different one. Nip points are serious, we had a guy de-gloved on a flexo for corrugated. Glad that is all that happened as the blood lubricated the rubber feed roll and his helper hit the e-stop immediately. Gives me the Willie's to this day.
In my 30 years there, I only saw someone get their hand pinched once. It looked like a cartoon pancake hand. Just FLAT! And that was only inching the press to put plates on. Remarkably, he regained full use of his hand within a year.

/ Bolt on blade for buckets #42  
Speaking of squished hands.

I was talking to a buddy of mine at an apple packing plant. We were standing outside, where a block long conveyor belt was being operated to take packed apple boxes to another building. I don't really recall the why of the conveyor, but it had about a 1 story tilt in that block long distance, so was tilted. My buddy was lighting his cigarette and dropped his lighter, in such a way, that it fell on to the inside of the conveyor onto the belt about a few feet from the roller. As his lighter was moving toward the roller, he made a grab for it, and got his fingers caught and his hand started to roll up around the drive wheel between the belt. He jammed the motion of the belt and stopped it. I frantically looked for a shut off, found and hit the kill button. I didn't work there, so had no idea where anything was. I was able to pull hard enough in reverse to unwrap his hand. His hand was very flat looking, it looked very strange, but in about a week or so, was back to normal.