Bolt-On Hooks

/ Bolt-On Hooks #1  

Scrambler82

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 28XL, HST, TLB
First, Ken's products are very well built, good quality in material and welding and has a good looking coating on the parts.

I ordered three bolt on hooks, two for the FEL and one for the BH, also got his 2x2 Receiver that will be mounted to the FEL and used for any number of devices made for the Receiver. I now have a Shackle, made by Warn, that fits the 2x2 Receiver. The receiver hitch came black powder coated, looks good too.

Here is a picture of the FEL with both the Hooks mounted at each pivot point and the 2x2 Receiver mounted in the center.

image.jpg

This is the 2x2 receiver, a new offering from Bolt-On Hooks.
Just as easy to install, 4 bolts instead of two.
Note: on my Mahindra Max 28 FEL, I could not use the optional HD reinforcement plate because of room restraints. Instead I used the HD Washers supplied by Ken.
This receiver will not be used to move anything extra heavy and based on the study done by Ken, I am not concerned about the washers.

image.jpg

Just a picture of the chain Hook.

image.jpg

This is a shot from under the top lip of the FEL.
Shows the optional reinforcement plate and the through bolts with self locking nuts and HD Washers.

image.jpg

Note: My opinion on the quality of Bolt-On Hook Products is not just a comment with no credence, I have worked as a Quality Assurance Engineer for 30 years and I also Supervised the Receiving Inspection Deptment or a major Ion Implanter manufacturing company for over five of those years.

image.jpg

Last edited:
   / Bolt-On Hooks #2  
Thanks for the nice review Scrambler! :thumbsup:

How come you didn't use the washers under the bolt heads?

/ Bolt-On Hooks
First the bolt holes were a good fit for the bolt, full contact, washer is not needed.
Second I felt the bolts on the hooks with the reinforcing plates were little too short using all of the hardware included. IMHO... A bolt should extend beyond the nut by a minimum of a full diameter in length.

I had to drill out the holes in the 2x2 Receiver so the included hardware would fit, powder coating needed to be cleaned out. I sprayed some paint on the reamed holes, hoping no rust starts from inside the holes.

Great HD hardware.

Hope this information is helpful, I wouldn't normally reply on the site but you asked here.

/ Bolt-On Hooks #4  
Thanks for the feedback, no worries on replying here-I have nothing to hide :)

-I know the holes came out a little small because of the powder coat, we are enlarging them slightly on the next run to allow for this.
-The bolts are a perfect length when used with the optional clevis mounts, if they where 1/2" longer you couldn't get the shackles in them. Being that nylock's are used, I see no reason for that much bolt to stick past the threads so we'll have to agree to disagree on that point.

Thanks again for the review!

/ Bolt-On Hooks #5  
   / Bolt-On Hooks
On the Receiver the extra washer could have been used but since I didn't use the washers on the hooks so now all three bolt-ons are the same.

Thanks for the great products.

bcp,
Good read but I have used the bolt diameter rule for a long time without thread failure and probably will for... well forever in my case. It is easier than determining if I the first one or two or three threads are fully formed or not. Look at the dia of the bolt, make the amount stick out beyond the end of the nut and you have full thread engagement.

Thanks for the post.

/ Bolt-On Hooks
Just came back to this thread and it has been... wait for it... eight years !

Now that should be a statement of quality.

Using just the washers for reenforcement, these Bolt-On Hooks and Bolt-On 2x2 Receiver, have been used to move rock, pickup engines, pickup the front of a Jeep and tow it around the yard, and pickup numerous other items around my 10 acres.

I was expecting my FEL Bucket to bend when dong some of the work but it didn't and the Bolt-On Accessories didn't pull through; so I have been a happy user of the Bolt-On Hooks Accessories for eight years.

When I get my next Tractor, WHEN, I will use these products again.

Thanks Bolt-On Hooks.

/ Bolt-On Hooks #8  
These hooks (by Ken's Bolt-On) were the first thing I added to my L4060 back in 2016. I wouldn't be without them.
I was fortunate to get a tour of his design, manufacturing, and (most importantly?) the destructive testing process. Quite interesting.

/ Bolt-On Hooks #9  
Just came back to this thread and it has been... wait for it... eight years !

Now that should be a statement of quality.

Using just the washers for reenforcement, these Bolt-On Hooks and Bolt-On 2x2 Receiver, have been used to move rock, pickup engines, pickup the front of a Jeep and tow it around the yard, and pickup numerous other items around my 10 acres.

I was expecting my FEL Bucket to bend when dong some of the work but it didn't and the Bolt-On Accessories didn't pull through; so I have been a happy user of the Bolt-On Hooks Accessories for eight years.

When I get my next Tractor, WHEN, I will use these products again.

Thanks Bolt-On Hooks.
Why thanks!
They are even better now LOL. With our now forged in the USA hooks and zinc plating!

Don't buy CHINA copies, buy the originals that are STILL made in the USA!!

These hooks (by Ken's Bolt-On) were the first thing I added to my L4060 back in 2016. I wouldn't be without them.
I was fortunate to get a tour of his design, manufacturing, and (most importantly?) the destructive testing process. Quite interesting.
Thanks RJ,
You're welcome anytime.