Bolt sizes Metric?

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
Looking to find out if most of the bolt sizes on Kubota tractors are metric or US?
Not sure if it explains this in the manual?

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #2  
I have had 2 70's vintage Kubota's, and they are virtually 100% metric (which I'm really starting to prefer once gotten used to)

Dunno about the newer ones though, but I presume the same. (Except for perhaps some farmed out U.S. made add-ons.) If I recall corectly, my recent retrofit ROPS was all metric where it bolted up to the tractor, but the splice plate to joint the two halves at the top was SAE.

Sherweld

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #3  
Only non-metric I've found on my BX24 were the lug bolts, which surprised me.

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #4  

My BX1800 is the same, I've found only metric with the exception of the tire lugs. Dyer, retired

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #5  

Remember this.....3/4" and 19mm are virtually the same size! I highly doubt they would put SAE lug nuts/bolts on the machine.

Craig

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #6  
Remember this.....3/4" and 19mm are virtually the same size! I highly doubt they would put SAE lug nuts/bolts on the machine.

Craig
The thread is an SAE pitch and the stud dia is inch. Those are hex sizes youre referring to, and youre right that the size matchup is verry close.
larry

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #8  
From what I have noticed on my B7100 the tractor is metric and the attachments such as the loader and mower may have a mix of nuts and bolts holding them together.:D:D

/ Bolt sizes Metric? #9  

Craig

Well they did. The lug bolts are 1/2x20 found that out when I found a factory assembled screw up on one of mine, I figured they'd be metric but weren't.

We aren't talking about what WRENCH may or may not fit. We are talking about FASTENERS.

If you really want to get confused go measure the front and rear lug bolt HEADS on a BX24. They are different, take different size tools, but they both have 1/2x20 SAE thread on the fastener.

Now for a pet peeve of mine on a motorcycle forum I'm a member of- guys constantly refer to a bolt size as say 10mm when that is the HEAD size for a tool. That would be like calling a 1/4 SAE bolt a 7/16. They also refer to a socket head bolt as a hex head which is also incorrect, a hex head bolt is a REGULAR bolt, or more correctly a cap screw but you get the idea, a socket head bolt (cap screw) is just that. I've given up on the motorcycle guys with this, lets please not get that way here:D

/ Bolt sizes Metric?
Thanks for all the info on this topic... I did notice that there are always some SAE wrenches that are close to the metric sizes and they fit fine, plus luckily I've got a metric set.