Bomb Cyclone!!!

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #21  
Maybe a couple inches in NW Suburbs of Chicago. Hard to tell its blowing so much. Windy and getting really cold.
20221222_150717.jpg
Up visiting my folks for Xmas. Nice to see, we haven't gotten much snow in TN last couple of years.

Last edited:
   / Bomb Cyclone!!! #22  
Snowing to beat the band here but not amounting to anything. Idiots on the interstate were driving like the roads were covered in ice with the outside Temps at at 45°.

I did cross an invisible line on the interstate, though, where the temperatures dropped 15° in about 200ft.

So far, it's 30° with a little snow accumulation on the grass.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #23  
Everything is drama these days…. We have a wind chill warning right now here and it is -15*f with the wind chill. It was -26*F straight temp without wind chill last week and it wasn’t even mentioned…

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #24  
North central Illinois approx 2” snow with 20 - 25 MPH breeze.

The Windy City sucks so bad we get breeze up here 😂😂

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #25  
It's snowing right now, will warm up by midnight with high winds, (50mph+) for a few hours. Heavy rain after midnight with flood warnings. 1"+ rain on top of our existing 8" of snow. Turning to snow midafternoon Sat, for a few hours. More rain than snow. Every few years we'll see a 36"+ snow storm, so nothing too exciting here. We average 60" - 80" of snow a year.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #26  
Everything is drama these days…. We have a wind chill warning right now here and it is -15*f with the wind chill. It was -26*F straight temp without wind chill last week and it wasn’t even mentioned…
My sister has -38f in Choteau MT. Has been for days. Here, the only time my car ever overheated was when it was -40f. Time to check the "antifreeze". I don't listen to the drama, so it's just winter here.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #27  
-7 here today and looks like it will not be above freezing for about 4 days. 3" snow.

Last edited:
   / Bomb Cyclone!!! #28  
-4 here today and looks like it will not be above freezing for about 4 days. 3" snow.
After walking the pooch in that wind, I opted for a change to the menu tonight. Got a pot of chili simmering on the stove. Will make the cornbread in about an hour I don't panic about the weather. I did take advantage of the boss panicking about the weather, though, and started my weekend a few hours early

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #29  
13 degrees F here in DFW area. We had some light snow this afternoon, at least by Texas standards. There were flakes, no accumulation. Windy, very windy. Supposed to bottom out at about 9 degrees and then back up to 50s by Monday.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #30  
I was supposed to go to our office 90 miles away tomorrow, then continue down to see my mother. It looks like it will be warm enough for me to do that without worrying about ice; but I'm not sure about the wind. Hopefully this is just more hype by the news media.