Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend?

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #21  
Good to see more people doing their best to buy American.

We can turn the tide in this country just by spending our money domestically.
Need our kids and grandkids to do the same!

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #22  
Check out Bates. Been wearing them now for a few years. Excellent for farming & construction. Safety toe and easy to dismount when you’re tired.
(I drive home in flip flops sometimes) gotta let the dogs breathe

Last edited:
   / Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #23  
OBOZ hiking boots last me longer than anything else. I have very narrow feet so a lot of the suggested boots so far are off my list. OBOZ is from Montana so it’s kind of American? God knows where they are actually put together

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend?
Does anyone feel Keens are hot? I usually shy away from waterproof boots because they don't breathe well. I see most of the Keens are waterproof. Feedback appreciated.
My Keens don't feel especially hot. Mine are waterproof and so far I have finished the day without overly sweaty feet.
DANNER BOOTS. Some of the best out there, and some are USA made.
But the danner I want are perpetually OOS. I have given up for now but i want a pair in the future.

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #25  
Non-insulated? Red Wing 953’s. 2233’s if you want a steel toe.

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #26  
Double H or Twisted X. The Twisted X seem to wear longer and dont really have an uncomfortable break in week like Double H and Redwings. Ymmv

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #27  
I have wide feet - like a duck. Called Norwegian fat foot. Limits the footware. I have enough motorcycle boots to outfit a platoon. Last pair - custom made pair of Whites. They were $590 and heavy enough to be the ballast on a nuclear submarine.

Last edited:
   / Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #28  
I have wide feet - like a duck. Called Norwegian fat foot. Limits the footware. I have enough motorcycle boots to outfit a platoon. Last pair - custom made pair of Whites. They were $590 and heavy enough to be the ballast on a nuclear submarine.
Yeah, there's no way for me to find 15EEE on the shelf. It's internet or locally made. Even the sporting goods stores go long, but not so much wide.

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #29  
Good to see more people doing their best to buy American.

We can turn the tide in this country just by spending our money domestically.
Buying US made seems to be about the only way to find quality footwear that can be recrafted from what I've seen (there may be similiar footwear available elsewhere, but they don't seem to be readily available in the US).

Which can be useful if (like me) a person has a tendency to wear out the soles in a year (or less)..... which was the single biggest reason I switched to Allen Edmonds for my dress shoes/boots.

Also, learned the value of having the sole stitched to the upper is worth the cost over it merely being glued to the upper. Learned that lesson when sole on a pair of dress shoes detached while on a business trip to Washington DC -- wasn't exactly fun given how much of DC tends to be a very pedestrian-oriented city.

/ Boots, what are you wearing, what do you recommend? #30  

I've been really happy with my steel toe bogs for winter boots. Light weight, good traction, very comfortable.