Borescopes... thoughts?

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #21  
I second the DEPSTECH mentioned in posts #2 and #3. I use it with my smartphone and, for a larger screen, with my iPad, IMO, it gives a clearer picture than the Ryobi I tried.

I also find it handy to have the view screen stationary while I move the wireless Bluetooth unit to get the best picture.

Last edited:
   / Borescopes... thoughts? #22  
I plugged my USB borescope into a laptop. The picture on the laptop is in real time. It was a bit of a pain to balance the laptop on top of the chipper while using the borescope to find the bolt, but it worked. A tablet would be better and would give a much better view than a tiny 2" screen on a dedicated borescope.

You can probably plug the USB camera into a phone as well.

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #23  
I much prefer the Depstech so my smartphone can be still and just move the probe around. I would hate to go back to the old all in one units.

/ Borescopes... thoughts?
I got the Milwaukee scope as part of a package deal with the oscillating multi-tool I needed. https://www.farmandfleet.com/produc...00dCSdAwbZ7rbxnugwcctaL13m1Cig4aAodDEALw_wcB#

I don't think it gives a very clear picture because the LED is a little too dim.

At the risk of (and not wanting to) offend anyone.... the Milwaukee is why I'm asking. I've been looking at, playing with, drooling on the display unit at my local box store. Been debating on buying it. Finally got to see it in action once and bluntly, wasn't terribly impressed. I wasn't totally disappointed mind you.... just a "MEH" reaction.

got me thinking there has to be better options out there.....hence this thread.

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #26  
I have two snap ons. The one with the side camera is the one I use the most.

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #28  
I have Hawkeye, Lyman, Teslong, HFT and others. While all work ok some are better for certain tasks. Lighting may be variable-control or weak. Focusing may be adjustable or fixed and limited. Some include right angle mirrors.

I use most BCs in the gun room and the machine shop downstairs, the HFT on the road, and some USBs as 'beaters' outside. For those I sometimes add a '30(?) 'signal boosting' extension to get down deep holes or to have more freedom to place a laptop securely for convenient viewing.

/ Borescopes... thoughts?
I ended up ordering this one yesterday

I didn't know they had dual angle....this one has it. I don't always have my phone with me. I figured I can always go into house to get phone and mate with (wireless) scope.... or get one that has all together.

Guess we'll see. I don't currently have ANY needs for it, those needs have been taken care of but are why the idea of getting one has been festering in me.

Now I get to scratch that itch.

/ Borescopes... thoughts? #30  
At the risk of (and not wanting to) offend anyone.... the Milwaukee is why I'm asking. I've been looking at, playing with, drooling on the display unit at my local box store. Been debating on buying it. Finally got to see it in action once and bluntly, wasn't terribly impressed. I wasn't totally disappointed mind you.... just a "MEH" reaction.

got me thinking there has to be better options out there.....hence this thread.
I think you are spot on.

This thread got me to looking as well so I ordered one of the Depstech WiFi models. Thanks guys!