Boss Plow on BX Tractor

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #1  

simoutdoors

Tractor
Kubota BX 2360
I want a plow on the front of my Kubota BX bad. When I bought the tractor I had to have the bucket loader. I added the rear blade, which is ok for scraping up light or wet storms. If we get any significant snow I end up using my 32" wide 13 hp walk behind blower. The Kubota quick hitch set-up for plow and snow blower looks nice, but once you put it on you can't really quickly use the loader.

The Boss UTV v-plow caught my eye, it looks very robust and efficient. Seems that it could work as a frame connected plow on a sub-compact tractor. They have a quick hitch option or the UTVs, makes me think with proper mount engineering I could drop the plow and quickly pick up the quick detach loader.

I know that folks are going to say bucket mounted plow, but this a BX. I think the leverage of a bucket mounted plow pushing on Maine Snow banks will be stronger than the sliding resistance of the small front tires. No I don't need a bigger tractor!

I haven't even started to do any homework on this option. Anyone else take a look at this? Anyone know the price for a Boss UTV plow set-up? DSCN1519.JPG

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #2  
If that does not work easily ......try this, all it took was having weight box adapted with a chain (no weight of the box is on the plow it is just the lift mechanism . I did have to weld a couple of ears to match the holes and ears on the ATV plow , you might be able to see it in the pics. In five minutes I can remove the plow from the tractor and put it back on the ATV . ...........just a thought

Attachments

• DSCN1064.jpg
    DSCN1064.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 3,700
  • DSCN1061.jpg
    DSCN1061.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 5,480
   / Boss Plow on BX Tractor #3  
Boss makes very good plows. With it mounted on the frame with hydraulic up and down you will get some serious scraping force.

WawaJake I guess you'll be doing some snow clearing in the next couple days with this storm coming through.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #4  
Yep put the chains on last night, it is hitting you too !! ,,,ps enjoyed the tractor cruise video

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #5  
Yep put the chains on last night, it is hitting you too !! ,,,ps enjoyed the tractor cruise video

It is starting to hit us right now. It was snowing but the wind is starting now. Thanks for the comment on the cruise video. Hope to see you at it next year.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #6  
here is a youtube of an OLD quick attach for the BX Kubota BX Quick Attachment - YouTube . this should give you ideas - but thier website doesnt list the BX models- unless someone can gladly prove me wrong?
I dont see why you cant create something simalar with a stationary v mount plow , but still can swap back to bucket.

FYI - I made a mount for my truck plow on BX and can swap back to the bucket using the hitch pins for the bucket/plow mount pins.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #7  
Once you get the hang of dropping the BX loader and attaching the quick-hitch and plow it takes no time, maybe 20 minutes. same in reverse order. I don't have any experience with the v-plow.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #8  
I think that plow may be to wide for a BX. It is probably a 6ft plow.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #9  
FYI - I made a mount for my truck plow on BX and can swap back to the bucket using the hitch pins for the bucket/plow mount pins.

have a pic by chance? i'd love to see it.

/ Boss Plow on BX Tractor #10  
I want a plow on the front of my Kubota BX bad. When I bought the tractor I had to have the bucket loader. I added the rear blade, which is ok for scraping up light or wet storms. If we get any significant snow I end up using my 32" wide 13 hp walk behind blower. The Kubota quick hitch set-up for plow and snow blower looks nice, but once you put it on you can't really quickly use the loader.

The Boss UTV v-plow caught my eye, it looks very robust and efficient. Seems that it could work as a frame connected plow on a sub-compact tractor. They have a quick hitch option or the UTVs, makes me think with proper mount engineering I could drop the plow and quickly pick up the quick detach loader.

I know that folks are going to say bucket mounted plow, but this a BX. I think the leverage of a bucket mounted plow pushing on Maine Snow banks will be stronger than the sliding resistance of the small front tires. No I don't need a bigger tractor!

I haven't even started to do any homework on this option. Anyone else take a look at this? Anyone know the price for a Boss UTV plow set-up? View attachment 293680

This one works really well on the BX BXpanded Snowplow