Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments
While the tractor is still fully clean and in the garage, I couldn't resist starting on another pet project last night.

If you have an SE model like me, then you probably know that there is really not much going on to the left of the driver's seat. No clutch pedal, no gear shifter. Just the hydro range shifter and diff lock pedal towards the floor which I barely ever use (too sticky and no need).

So I had always eyed this side of the tractor for a little upgrade that would require some basic fabrication - a buddy seat!

I will gladly take comments from the safety police here, as if my 4-yr old daughter is going to sit here, she must not, you know, die. But I can't see how this will be any more dangerous than her riding on my knee while I steer and drive, which she loves to do (note: just taking garbage cans out to the road, getting the mail, joy riding, etc. Not ever for working or in the woods/brush).

This is the initial positioning. Still need braces under the seat piece, a seatbelt and maybe also a side tether parallel to the floor edge, paint (IE waterproofing) and a foam pad on at least the bottom piece.

BPmY9fJ.jpg

Unfortunately I had to notch the seat back for the range selector to let me get into medium range (90% of my operation). I suppose I'll need to hinge the seat back so it can tip down and let me hit low range when needed. I had already removed the range lever knob, that thing was huge and clunky and my shifter moves super smoothly now, no need for all that leverage.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #102  
While the tractor is still fully clean and in the garage, I couldn't resist starting on another pet project last night.

If you have an SE model like me, then you probably know that there is really not much going on to the left of the driver's seat. No clutch pedal, no gear shifter. Just the hydro range shifter and diff lock pedal towards the floor which I barely ever use (too sticky and no need).

So I had always eyed this side of the tractor for a little upgrade that would require some basic fabrication - a buddy seat!

I will gladly take comments from the safety police here, as if my 4-yr old daughter is going to sit here, she must not, you know, die. But I can't see how this will be any more dangerous than her riding on my knee while I steer and drive, which she loves to do (note: just taking garbage cans out to the road, getting the mail, joy riding, etc. Not ever for working or in the woods/brush).

This is the initial positioning. Still need braces under the seat piece, a seatbelt and maybe also a side tether parallel to the floor edge, paint (IE waterproofing) and a foam pad on at least the bottom piece.

BPmY9fJ.jpg

Unfortunately I had to notch the seat back for the range selector to let me get into medium range (90% of my operation). I suppose I'll need to hinge the seat back so it can tip down and let me hit low range when needed. I had already removed the range lever knob, that thing was huge and clunky and my shifter moves super smoothly now, no need for all that leverage.
Seat belt? Maybe?

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #103  
Seat belt? Maybe?

He said in his post he still needed to add a seat belt. So, I think he is good in that department.

It looks kind of scary to me. Maybe because it’s just being started and it’s hard to see how secure the seat is to the tractor and how secure she will be to the seat.

I think I’d be more comfortable holding her on my lap. For whatever reason having my arm around my child would make me feel better.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments #104  
He said in his post he still needed to add a seat belt. So, I think he is good in that department.

It looks kind of scary to me. Maybe because it’s just being started and it’s hard to see how secure the seat is to the tractor and how secure she will be to the seat.

I think I’d be more comfortable holding her on my lap. For whatever reason having my arm around my child would make me feel better.
I missed the seatbelt part. I agree with you holding her be a good idea. I am very saftey wise , maybe to much sometimes.

/ Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments
Thanks for the comments and input. I do have a seatbelt for my daughter on the jump-seat, a repurposed dog leash that she can buckle and unbuckle herself. It goes from the drivers seat mount to the fender grab handle, pretty stout. I do still hold her chest with my left arm whenever we're moving.

My main issue with her riding my lap was that, while I could hold her very securely, it somewhat impaired my ability to drive the machine as accurately as I intended.

Finally getting back to firewood production on a beautiful fall day yesterday. Couldn't do it with this Kioti to shuttle the logs and IBC totes! Love this machine.

MHkK2gt.jpg