Bought a Kioti CK3510SE TLB, Package w/ Trailer & Attachments

Stan B

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST
If the tractor is a Tier IV / Stage 5 tractor (2020 and after), the Dash Cluster does indicate ECU Faults. This was added by KIOTI to help customers and dealers communicate error codes before needing the Diagnostic Program to source the issue.

This is very interesting.... I don't suppose one could swap in a >2020 cluster into a <2020 Tier IV unit and get that functionality, could they?

OP
deezler

deezler

Veteran Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7305, Kioti CK3510seh TLB
This is very interesting.... I don't suppose one could swap in a >2020 cluster into a <2020 Tier IV unit and get that functionality, could they?
Doubtful. It's probably a different ECU calibration, possibly including specific CAN protocols for sharing that CEL info.

OP
deezler

deezler

Veteran Member
Tractor
Might as well type out an update here, for posterity.

I bought the Autel HD (J1939/J1708) scan tool a while back. Figured I couldn't go wrong since it also does all the other automotive protocols. Good value tool for $109.

It readily connected to the ECU, but still couldn't do to the official "scan codes" or "clear codes". Unsupported functions. But, at least this scanner doesn't kill the engine when you try these functions. And again in the "freeze frame" data, I could see the code for the Air Control Valve.

So finally, I threw in the towel on my own diagnostics, and loaded her up on the trailer.

E4gJzIo.jpg

My closest Kioti dealer is only ~10 miles away. They gladly received my machine, transferred the warranty for me (since I didn't buy it there), and got it into the shop within a week. As suspected, the air control valve was at issue. Supposedly it passed the diagnostic tests they can run, but still kept tripping the CEL code/light. So they ordered a new one for me, it arrived within a week, they promptly put it in, and voila! No more codes, running great. Free repair under warranty - bad ass.

I wanted to build some good will with my dealer and sort of say thank you, so I bought an implement they had sitting in their yard that I had been keeping an eye on - Bad Boy 72" land grader.

RjWFy16.jpg

I tried it on my frozen, bone-dry gravel driveway upon arriving home. Kind of dissapointed, but the drive was nearly concrete. I knew I'd have to wait for a thaw and some moisture.

f9WXJqX.jpg

A few days later, and Muuuch better:
puuauzU.jpg

Also found time over the holidays to get my hydraulic top link installed. Easy peasy!

Ar04EOq.jpg

Had to clock the cylinder hose port housing to the side to better clear the fuel tank at full lift. Almost made a very expensive mistake first...

Sirl2z1.jpg

Just to be safe, I found a snug fitting spare bolt to slide into my 3-pt control lever slot, to just slightly limit the full lift height (still plenty).

r1Hd55Q.jpg

OP
deezler

deezler

Veteran Member
Tractor
Parked the land grader in the yard and put the 7' rear blade back on a couple days ago, in anticipation of a decent snow storm heading our way... and then.... a measly 2". Bummer. Oh well, was still enough to sled with the kids and try the first x-country ski in the woods.

My previous 6' rear blade did not have angled positions in reverse. This newer one I has does, but only at a shallow angle. So I tried it out, did pretty well but didn't really move much snow off the drive. Kinda just flattened it out, but at least it didn't scrape any gravel away.

But the COOLEST thing I have ever seen on facebook... is a post in the Kioti group about how you dont need any fancy attachments to haul garbage/recycling bins. The SSQA bracket fits them perfectly! Don't even have to get off the tractor - bonus.

l5vZViu.jpg

It was such a beautiful winter day yesterday. Cold enough to not melt anything. Warm enough (in the sun) to spend the whole afternoon outside basking in it. I shuffled all my firewood totes to get the most seasoned wood queued up next - seems winter is finally here now.

mj9nxim.jpg