Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ?

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #51  
Did you buy the optional rear wheel-well liners or install some after-market wheel-well liners?? That's the first thing I'd recommend on a new F-150. I still can't believe they sell them without the liners. What a cheap way for Ford to save a very few dollars on a vehicle . . .

First line of defense is to keep your rear wheels from slinging all that road crud everywhere under the frame and suspension.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #52  
I've owned 3 F150 Super cabs, 2013, 2015, 2021. I've washed all 3 regularly. At least once a week. My farm is on a gravel road so I wash them a lot. I bought a monthly program for $35 that gives me a wash a day. No issues so far. The 2015 had 168,000 miles on it when I traded it last October. It was the best truck I've ever owned and I've had a lot of nice trucks. Just make sure you get the program with wax and undercarriage wash.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #53  
Plain undercoating is not as effective as undercoating and also treating cavities. I had Ziebart do the whole package on a new Camry in 1994 in MI and it was oozing the stuff from the sills for about 10 years. The car never showed rust all the way to 2013 when it was totaled parked on the street. I still regret not getting my current 4Runner treated back in 2003 when I got it new. It is definitely rusting the last few years visibly. Now in MN, salt is as much a problem as WI. Rust showing from the inside on the bottom of the back door and elsewhere. Got a windshield replaced last year and they almost refused to do it, because there was a small rust hole on the top. Area that probably would not have been treated anyway. I don’t put a lot of miles on the car, having only 250k on now and rust is by far the biggest issue. All the mechanical and other systems still in great shape.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #54  
I get the Krown undercoat every year in the fall on my '15 F-150. I do notice some rust on the frame around the front wheels from time to time and there is rust on the steel bits under the hood, like the shock towers and the steer shaft. I usually buy a couple of cans of Krown when I pick my truck up after the undercoating to touch up these areas, if need be, through the year. I also use it on my trailer hitch ball as lubricant and rust inhibitor.
For the under coating, I spec just the underside.... I don't want them drilling holes in the truck! Also do yourself and your service people a favour and get the undercoating done after you service your vehicle. ;)

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #55  
2022 Ford F-150 extended cab. Would love to hear some of your opinions-experience about undercoating. Living in Wisconsin rust is a really big issue.
I’m definitely not a high miles driver and at 68 years old this could be my last new truck.
In my opinion get the best undercoating you can. I have only ever bought one new vehicle in my life and I had it undercoated at the dealer. I can not remember the brand now but no sign of rust anywhere until 750k.
That said a friend had a device that some how put a negative [?] charge through the body panels of his Chevrolet truck he is at 500k + and same thing no rust anywhere. Of note this electrical device was way way cheaper than under coating....just so you know.....there is no shortage of salt used here either

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #56  
I live in Quebec, so up north and I get about as much snow as they dump salt on the roads here, it’s crazy. My entire black truck gets crusty white from Dec to March from salt spray from other vehicles. I have tried everything imaginable and spent way way too much money on this rust prevention scam, sorry that’s all it is. If you like to have your fabric seats scotch guard and you believe in extended warranty that somehow never cover what you are at the dealer for, well I think you should get undercoating every month and buy Ziebart gift cards for the entire family!

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #57  
FLUID FILM
Been using it for years and have zero rust.
WoolWax is good to, but I feel it's thicker and doesn't creep into crevices as well.
WoolWax is available in several viscosities.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #58  
A brand new F150? I would do nothing, except to wash it regularly. Avoid driving on super salty road days, if you can.

I did the zeibart rubbery undercoating on my 2003 2500HD and I sort of regret it now. It has flaked and peeled away in some spots, which are then just rust and debris traps.

Krown or fluid film is a better option, but I don't think a brand new 2022 F150 needs it at all. You have at least 7 to 8 years before it should even be an issue.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #59  
I am another vote in favor of Fuid Film and Woolwax. Fluid Film the hard to reach areas then Woolwax the larger areas.

/ Bought new pickup should I get it undercoated ? #60  
New, not exposed to salt air and never on the road, yes. Any exposure to salt, the undercoating only seals in the corrosive elements already present. Washing it does not really help to remove any corrosion that has started. Iron or Aluminum oxide is a chemical action.