Box blade size

/ Box blade size #1  

tld

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2025r
What is the best size box blade for a CUT that has back wheel width? I have looked at the 48 in and the 60 in. The 60 looks really heavy for the 25 hp JD 2025r.

/ Box blade size #2  
You can also get a 54" width in several brands, I have a Cammond for my mower and like it. While I chose the 48 for the smaller machine a 54" would work for the 2025R.

/ Box blade size #3  
I have a 72" and 48". I find the 48" almost useless. I use the 72" for grading one my gravel drives and a little earth work. The 48" sits idle. I use my jd 2320, the 2305 never sees bb work.

/ Box blade size #4  
For sure, you want the box to be no narrower than the rear wheel tire tracks (not the sidewalk, the tread where it leaves a mark on the ground). Some like it a bit wider, but I have always preferred it to be just a few inches wider myself. I had a 50" box for my Kubota B2920, and have a 60" on my L3200.

/ Box blade size #5  
I used a 60 inch box blade with a JD 790 and it handled it well when I bought a Kubota L3700 stepped up to a 72 inch box blade Good Luck

/ Box blade size #6  
When in doubt, a good rule of thumb is to get the width of your loader bucket. Many prefer to have it a few inches wider than the bucket.;)