Brake controller

/ Brake controller #1  

redharley

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2230
Need to add brake controller to my new to me 2013 gmc yukon factory hitch and 7 way there. Been 10 yrs since last I purchased one and installed. Pull dual axle landscape type trailer, normally 4000lbs loaded gross. Thanks in advance Bill

/ Brake controller #2  
Tekonsha P3, looks like you may need to wire it in as they dont have a pre-wired plug adapter.

Aaron Z

/ Brake controller #3  
Can't beat the Tekonshas. The Primus, P2 and P3 are all proportional controllers meaning they brake the trailer harder if you brake harder.

/ Brake controller #4  
Tekonsha P3, looks like you may need to wire it in as they dont have a pre-wired plug adapter.

Aaron Z
Mine has worked well for me since 2008. The up & down adjustment buttons stick a bit these days, but that isnt to big of a problem. Recently added a bracket & pigtail to mount it in the beater F250 instead of the crap time based controller that was in there. Move it between the Tacoma & F250 as needed pretty easily.

/ Brake controller #6  
IIRC "e-brakes" has good customer service and advice for us amateurs. My 1999 Ford Superduty was prewired which made it easy.. got a Tekonsha P-2 IIRC.

/ Brake controller #7  
I used a Tekonsha P3 with my Tacoma and never had any issues with it, worked great.

I've actually been meaning to put it up for sale. Traded for a Tundra in July that has an integrated brake controller, so I don't need it anymore.

/ Brake controller #8  
Another vote for the Tekonsha P3. I've had it for 10 years. Makes switching trailers very easy. One button changes from light to medium to heavy trailers and it is easy to increase or decrease max voltage.

/ Brake controller
Thanks for all your responses, will get one ordered up and install.