Brake issue Zetor 7745

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
This week we had a 1989 Zetor 7745 brought into the shop. The farm that owns it have been complaining about it's brakes for some time now. Everyone that's been working on it has been just adjusting the brakes and it hasn't done much for the braking of the machine.

I don't have any manuals at all on this unit and I couldn't find any info on line for it so I figured while i was doing this one I'd post my work just in case someone in the future needed to do the same thing then he'd have something to go by. I'll post more as the work progress's.

I jacked up the tractor. removed the two rear wheels, Pressure washed the crap from where I had to work. Removed the two rear cab bolts and jacked the cab up 6" ( you'll need to support the cab at this point, see photo's)
I then removed the rear adjuster plates and there's a small rod about 6" long that the adjuster nut goes on needs to be unscrewed( I'll show a more detailed photo of this rod during the reassembly)
The next step was to remove the rear cab mounts. (one on each side of the tractor)

I then removed the rear def. housing bolts and used a cheery picker (engine hoist) and pulled the def. straight out. as you can see the brakes are of the disc type. There are two on each side.Take notice in a few of the photo's that i found pieces of the brakes in the lower housing hole. wonder why they couldn't adjust the brakes :confused:

Parts are ordered.

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Good grief! Where does one get parts for that thing?
Actually very easy to obtain parts for these machines. We ordered these parts from a dealer in Ottawa and the parts were priced very reasonable. They even asked us if we wanted orginal or aftermarket parts and had both choices in stock! :cool:

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #5  
Once again, thanks for taking the time to share an informative and interesting project with us, your fan club. If my Kubota B8200 breaks, I will ship it up to you! Well, maybe not, but only due to customs issues at the border.

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Once again, thanks for taking the time to share an informative and interesting project with us, your fan club. If my Kubota B8200 breaks, I will ship it up to you! Well, maybe not, but only due to customs issues at the border.

Thanks Varmint. I always enjoy hearing from you and reading your posts. Don't worry about shipping me your tractor. Nope. I got another way! All you have to do is send me a return airline ticket and I'll fly down and get it done. Doing it that way you avoid the border complications plus I get to see your beautiful state :laughing: :thumbsup: I bet you'll be out looking for a Zetor now :D

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Any idea what caused the failure?

I suspect it's just normal wear. I'm thinking these are the orginal brakes on this machine. The adjusters were maxed out plus they were using it like it for many months and that didn't help matters.

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #9  
Actually very easy to obtain parts for these machines. We ordered these parts from a dealer in Ottawa and the parts were priced very reasonable. They even asked us if we wanted orginal or aftermarket parts and had both choices in stock! :cool:

Here (USA) there is an outfit down south who will ship - next day if needed - stocks everything including a rear window that suffered a rock hit on my machine. The window is about 3'x4' came in a wood crate to the barnyard in about 3 days. 7 years later I'm still finding bits of glass in the cab.

zetorworld.com may help OP on the tech details...

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Here (USA) there is an outfit down south who will ship - next day if needed - stocks everything including a rear window that suffered a rock hit on my machine. The window is about 3'x4' came in a wood crate to the barnyard in about 3 days. 7 years later I'm still finding bits of glass in the cab.

zetorworld.com may help OP on the tech details...

I appreciate the info. The guys who run this tractor give it high grade for reliability and long service. I had no trouble finding the brake parts up here in Canada but there's not much info on doing service work on this machine. I did become a member of Zetorworld and actually posted a topic asking how to do the brakes on this machine and never received one answer so that's why I decided to post the topic here hoping it may help others out sometime. Thanks for your imput.