Brake issue Zetor 7745

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #11  
Zetorworld?? Sounds like some kind of fantasy gaming society, Paul. I'd buy you a return ticket in a flash, but shipping your shop's tools might require a semi trailer, and then we're back into the hassles with border crossing. Darn. I'm just hoping my old 8200 starts and runs whenever I ask it to. So far, it's been a model of reliability, knock on iron. The battery is a least 10 or 11 years old, so sooner or later, I expect to replace that. I just keep a trickle charger on it, especially in the winter. $5 from Harbor Freight, but it seems to work!
No snow at all here this winter, so no plowing, no shoveling, and no cab-less-ness remorse.
How about another cool project?

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Zetorworld?? Sounds like some kind of fantasy gaming society, Paul. I'd buy you a return ticket in a flash, but shipping your shop's tools might require a semi trailer, and then we're back into the hassles with border crossing. Darn. I'm just hoping my old 8200 starts and runs whenever I ask it to. So far, it's been a model of reliability, knock on iron. The battery is a least 10 or 11 years old, so sooner or later, I expect to replace that. I just keep a trickle charger on it, especially in the winter. $5 from Harbor Freight, but it seems to work!
No snow at all here this winter, so no plowing, no shoveling, and no cab-less-ness remorse.
How about another cool project?

Ya Zetorworld is a world of it's own. Not much goes on over there. It sure isn't as lively as TBN :thumbsup:
Glad to hear your tractor is working well. Those battery tenders are fantastic. I don't have the same brand as yours but i have one on everything that has a battery in it and they do save the battery. They sure pay there own way.

Our winter wasn't as rough as it could have been but I had enough that I could go out and play it. The new tractor was great and it made a few bucks snow clearing.

Maybe when or even if I retire I may relocate to the US. Seems I have more friends down there than up here in Canada anyway so I'll be able to visit a few of you guys. :laughing:

Well as far as cool projects go I'm not at much. Pretty busy here at the shop. I'm actually in the office now after just putting in a 12.5 hour day. Had some welding and fabrication work to do for a local farm.

Last year I purchased a new 2012 Mustang so I've spent the winter adding some new items to it. there's only 7000. km's on it now and my wife says I'm about the only one that could take a new vehicle and rebuild it :laughing:

Here's a few progress photos to bore you with. Not sure if it qualifies as cool but it's a project that I'm into. ;)

My youngest son who is in the Navy is coming home this September to be married and he still thinks his old man is cool and he wants the car as the wedding car so i don't want to let him down. :cool:

The day we picked it up at the dealership

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3-1.jpg

These photo's were taken last weekend.

no3.jpg

no2.jpg

no1.jpg

no4.jpg

no5.jpg

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #14  
Hi there, I saw this tread just now.
I only wanted to say that I own two tractors of this kind (Zetor), they are more of them in my country.
So I had to confirm that Zetors are very reliable tractors, and this brake problem is not usual at all. As a matter a fact I never heard that somebody here had any other break problems than hydraulic cillinder brake.
If you or anybody else have any problems with Zetors I would be glad to help as much as I can, do not hesitate to send me a pm.

By the way great car not many of those here :)

P.S. sorry for any possible spelling mistakes, I do not use my english verry often lately so it is more than rusty

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Hi there, I saw this tread just now.
I only wanted to say that I own two tractors of this kind (Zetor), they are more of them in my country.
So I had to confirm that Zetors are very reliable tractors, and this brake problem is not usual at all. As a matter a fact I never heard that somebody here had any other break problems than hydraulic cillinder brake.
If you or anybody else have any problems with Zetors I would be glad to help as much as I can, do not hesitate to send me a pm.

By the way great car not many of those here :)

P.S. sorry for any possible spelling mistakes, I do not use my english verry often lately so it is more than rusty

Thank you Optimista. I really like the old Zetor. The people who own this tractor said it is a very reliable tractor and they bought it new in 1989 and has very little trouble with it. I really like the new Zetors as well. Very nice looking machine. My shop is very busy right now but I did manage to get one side done. Now I need to get some time to do the other side.
Your English and spelling is Perfect! I'm happy you like our car too :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting and welcome to Tractor By Net.
Cheers from Newfoundland, Canada :welcome:

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #16  
4shorts, I've just got to ask. Did you leave your wife unmodified or did she draw the line there? You have reworked everything else I've seen you become attached to.:)

MarkV

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #17  
Thanks 4shorts :)
I own one 1982 7011, and one 1986 5211, and good friend of mine has 1991 7745. I own a spare parts catalogue which, naturally, has drawings of all components. So if needed in future I can scan criticall part and send it.
Engine and most of the parts are mostly same for Zetors from 1980 up to around 1995. In the 1985-1986 they got facelift of the exterior, nothing big and hydraulic clutch. They had some more small modifications during the time but nothing serious. My late father bought both of Zetors new, so I grew up falling in love with them. I have cheaper cabins but the cabin on that one you are working on is still one of finest in the wold.
If I manage to buy some more land I am going to by new Zetor thats for sure.

But mustang, well it is like a something special with rich history. Not like good old '68. but back on a good track after loosing "good grip" last two decades of previous century. Old Shelby is still moving!

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #18  
4shorts, I've just got to ask. Did you leave your wife unmodified or did she draw the line there? You have reworked everything else I've seen you become attached to.:)

MarkV

Oh geez...I can hardly wait to hear Paul's answer to this one. :laughing:

If Paul were a plastic surgeon, you can rest assured he'd do the best boob jobs on the planet. :D

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745

MarkV

Mark you've discovered the only one thing that I've seen that was built to perfection that didn't even need one thing changed but she was the exception. Everything else I've had to tweak :laughing:

Thanks 4shorts :)
I own one 1982 7011, and one 1986 5211, and good friend of mine has 1991 7745. I own a spare parts catalogue which, naturally, has drawings of all components. So if needed in future I can scan criticall part and send it.
Engine and most of the parts are mostly same for Zetors from 1980 up to around 1995. In the 1985-1986 they got facelift of the exterior, nothing big and hydraulic clutch. They had some more small modifications during the time but nothing serious. My late father bought both of Zetors new, so I grew up falling in love with them. I have cheaper cabins but the cabin on that one you are working on is still one of finest in the wold.
If I manage to buy some more land I am going to by new Zetor thats for sure.

But mustang, well it is like a something special with rich history. Not like good old '68. but back on a good track after loosing "good grip" last two decades of previous century. Old Shelby is still moving!

Optimista thanks for the offer on the information. Sorry to hear you lost you father. My dad passed away 27 years ago and I still miss him.
So far I've been able to figure things out with the Zetor. Yesterday I had to move the Zetor and wow the left brake that I did worked as good as new. I just need to get some more time to do the right side. The customer who owns the Tractor keeps bringing me in other work so I can't get back at then Zetor :)

You sure know your Zetors. The cab in this tractor is Hugh. This one is a little rough but it's still a nice big cab. The engines in these tractors run so nice as well. Very good quality. A friend of mine has a Belaris Tractor that's also very good. Also trouble free, good on fuel and big. I have a lot of respect for these tractors.
You know Mustangs as well. The Mustang went many years on the dark side. I wouldn't give them a second look. I like to build custom things, I also like to restore old things as well as paint, machine,fabricate and weld so my next project was to build a street rod but my wife said she liked the new Mustang so I bought the Mustang and added my touch to it and we like the car BUT I will still build my street rod. I just haven't told my wife yet but I will when I get enough nerve up. :laughing: :

Oh geez...I can hardly wait to hear Paul's answer to this one. :laughing:

If Paul were a plastic surgeon, you can rest assured he'd do the best boob jobs on the planet. :D

Man if I could I would. I would even have them on the font of the tractor :licking:
Gee. I bet you'd want a set for Bambi as well :laughing: