Brake issue Zetor 7745

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #21  
Well 16. of may will be exactly 7 years as older version of is no loger here. OK we were strange story, too much the same to work together, but yes I still miss hih every day...

Belarus however is most common tractor here. It is not even near best quality but it is strong and parts are cheap and can buy them in every newspaper store. Few months ago I spoken with main sales manager for this part of the world. He said, I quote: If Belarus does not have oil leaks all over tractor it is not original, u return itback to seller!
Belarus is twice cheaper than Zetor and that is the main reason for people to buy. And is like a hobby u have to do something around him all the time. Maybe they sell better quality there. And Belarus here are known for like to drink a bit more fuel, much more than Zetor.

I know thing ot two about car industry, but if we start talking about welding, building, etc. somebody can ban us from tractor forum :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Well 16. of may will be exactly 7 years as older version of is no loger here. OK we were strange story, too much the same to work together, but yes I still miss hih every day...

Belarus however is most common tractor here. It is not even near best quality but it is strong and parts are cheap and can buy them in every newspaper store. Few months ago I spoken with main sales manager for this part of the world. He said, I quote: If Belarus does not have oil leaks all over tractor it is not original, u return itback to seller!
Belarus is twice cheaper than Zetor and that is the main reason for people to buy. And is like a hobby u have to do something around him all the time. Maybe they sell better quality there. And Belarus here are known for like to drink a bit more fuel, much more than Zetor.

I know thing ot two about car industry, but if we start talking about welding, building, etc. somebody can ban us from tractor forum :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Holy smoke is that a fiberglass Cobra body? It's very nice. Hope you don't use Zetor brakes to stop it :laughing:
Looks like you have a fun project to do. Welding,machining, fabricating ...is a Hugh part of my life. I do it every day. You'll have to tell us more about this project your doing. I don't think anyone will mind. I know I won't :thumbsup:

Well I removed the right side off the Zetor yesterday. The right side is a little more complicated because after removing the axel I discovered this is the side that has the deferential lock system and there's a gear in there that drops down a bit so if I don't figure out how to line up the gear with the axel spline I'm going to have a tough time reassembling it but I haven't really looked at it yet. I'll post photos later on today.

We used to see Belarus tractors here in the 1980's but never see them now. All the Zetors are old ones as well. I'd really like to see the new model Zetor. From what I have seen of the new Zetor I'd really like to own one. :)

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Here are some more photo's of the right side. You'll notice the long threaded bolt. It has to be removed from the inner brake system before the assembly can be pulled out.
Also notice the gear has dropped down some. It's for the rear deferential lock. I'll have to figure out how to put this back in place before I can install the Axel assembly.

Attachments

• rem1.JPG
    rem1.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 511
  • rem2.JPG
    rem2.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 910
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 603
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 653
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 665
   / Brake issue Zetor 7745 #24  
No Zetor parts on Cobra, under the fiber is strange mixture of AlfaRomeo 75 and Ford Scorpio! I'll be glad to tell more about it just give me few days to find pictures, my computer died last winter and lot of stuff was there, I hoppe I saved something on CDs so I'll try to find it.

It is time to spray crops and have lot to do outside next few days, temperatures are to high for spraying etc., etc...

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745 #25  
These schetches are from spare parts cataloque for 5011,6011,7011,7045,7045H, so they may be not the same as tractor u are working on. Hoewer if they can be of any helt I'll be glad to scan spare parts list.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/1597/footoperatedbrake.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5779/maintransmissionhousing.jpg
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5779/maintransmissionhousing.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2534/rearhalfaxlewithportal.jpg

best of luck in assembling :)

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Thanks Optimista for the info but this one is a different beast. This one has disc brakes. I figured I'd post some photo's of them to show just how bad they were. Don't work to hard and I'll look forward to hearing about the Cobra. ;)

Attachments

• brake 3A.JPG
    brake 3A.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 877
  • brake 3.JPG
    brake 3.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 630
  • brake 2.JPG
    brake 2.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 687
  • brake 1.JPG
    brake 1.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 590
  • brake 4.JPG
    brake 4.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 925
   / Brake issue Zetor 7745 #27  
Yes it is something else. Well I just took quick peek in your foto album and I feel quiet stupid now!
Paul, gear in your shop worts more than all I have, it is like a dream, respect!

This is such a embarrassing moment

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
Yes it is something else. Well I just took quick peek in your foto album and I feel quiet stupid now!
Paul, gear in your shop worts more than all I have, it is like a dream, respect!

This is such a embarrassing moment

Hey my friend don't feel embarrassed. The tools are just a way for me to make a living. You shouldn't feel stupid. Your building a beautiful car and I went and bought one so I am the one who is stupid :laughing:

Thanks for taking the time to scan those pages for me. It is very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

/ Brake issue Zetor 7745
For those who have followed this thread I'm happy to report that I got the Zetor completed today. I did the brakes on the right side and discovered this is the side the deferential lock is at and the gear dropped down out of alignment with the main spline but I discovered a way around this. In order to get that gear to stay in place during reassembly just line the gear up and have someone in the cab press down on the Def lock and that will hold everything in place while you put the side Axel assembly back in place. I cheated a bit and held it in place with vice grips as pictured.

I also removed a rusted section of the floor and put in a piece of 1/8th plate. The old tractor didn't have much in the way of mirrors so although I wasn't asked to install any i went ahead and did it anyway but found out that one of the mirror brackets was rusted out so I fabricated one out of 5/8th solid aluminum round stock. i managed to get the bends right too. :thumbsup:

Last winter I removed the seat out of my new Kubota 5740 and the folks who owns the farm tractor purchased the old seat from me so I installed it in the tractor for them.
The operator should be happy now with great brakes, a new seat and a few mirrors he can see with now.

Attachments

• le4.JPG
    le4.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 1,521
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 411
  • le2.jpg
    le2.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 416
  • le1.JPG
    le1.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 456
  • le5.JPG
    le5.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 575
  • le6.JPG
    le6.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 580
  • le7.JPG
    le7.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 328
  • le8.JPG
    le8.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 378
   / Brake issue Zetor 7745
More photo's.including one of the old seat.

Attachments

• le9.JPG
    le9.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 2,456
  • le11.JPG
    le11.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 473
  • old seat.JPG
    old seat.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,437