Brakes

/ Brakes #1  

Buppies

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 EX mark 60 in 29 hp Toro 60inch Z Master 21 inch walk behind Polaris 900 hunter edition 30in toro walk behind
Ordered a set of brakes for son VW Jetta from Place for Brakes in Miami Florida as we have purchased from them before. This time after telling them all the particulars including factory part numbers as there were two different manufactures for the rear brakes they send the wrong ones. Now am being told it my fault 25% restocking fee and I must pay to ship them back. This is not right and just for your information buyer beware:mad:

/ Brakes #2  
this was over the phone? or online?

Cant say I've ever had a problem online. Even if I did, the online order would have a record of what I ordered. Should be clear at that point if you sent me something that didnt fit a 20xx VW Jetta.

/ Brakes
Steve this involved two different phone calls to Place For Brakes as the first call identified a 2011 TDI could have two different types for the rear. Dealer gave me info needed and called them back with correct numbers. It's not that they were wrong it's that I'm supposed to pay shipping back to them and a 25% restocking fee. Then pay for right ones and the freight to get them here

/ Brakes #4  
I feel your pain. I'm having the same issue. Buy an HID light kit and it won't work on the vehicle. I had to pay to send it back and pay 20% restocking fee.
I feel the company should have to eat the cost as a "cost of doing business."

/ Brakes
Place for Brakes will only allow me to pay to return the wrong pads they sent and then they (place for brakes ) will send the correct ones to me free of charge. Customer service at it finest Not! Then to top that off very insulting with their E-mails treating me like I'm at fault. Well live and learn I guess and will be looking for new source for EBC brakes. Hopefully I never treat my customers this way