Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #61  
I've had consistent good results through BBB on protracted service issues. You might try? File a complaint on- line. Measured, documented, polite. That starts a clock on dealer to respond.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #62  
1 - Document every message and statement and print out all the e-mails, times and dates of phone calls, etc. This may be very important if it comes to a law suit.
2 - Contact your consumer affairs department.
3 - I think that in my state that a vehicle is considered a lemon if repairs are attempted three times for a problem and not fixed. There are also laws about return policies within 'x' number of days. Look into that.
4 - Work with the dealer to extend the warranty to cover this lost time.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #63  
Would look for a fuel cutoff circuit problem. Neighbor’s JD5103 would start but fuel cut off as soon the key was released to run position. Long story short a lazy starter drive stayed engaged long enough to generate current that tripped a relay (fuel cut off) designed for starter diagnostics. Pulled the relay and no more problem. Found a clue to this in one sentence about starter diagnostics in my JD5105 manual. Research might pay off.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #64  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
I would ask to trade for another one on the lot. Get a refund or file a lawsuit .. It probably has trash in the fuel system

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #65  
Your dealer is where you start. I have a down tractor and have been told Kioti is on a 2 week Korean Thanksgiving break. I have no reason to doubt my dealer as they are better than Great. I don't know where you are but Iowa does recognize tractors on the Lemon Law. I would drop it off at the dealer and tell them to call when it is fixed. That time adds to the Lemon law. And as someone else stated make a running record of all correspondence and time down at the dealer for repair, and any phone calls.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #66  
sometimes it amazes me how people think a dealer will just swap out the tractor for a new one. try that on your automobile. wont happen.

i would place the blame on the dealership for not getting to it right away. when my dk45 had issues a few weeks after i got it, the dealers mechanic dropped what he was doing and drove out to my place and repaired it. i had it repaired same day it happened. i didnt expect a new tractor.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #67  
A similar thing happened with my Kubota L3800 HST. When it was very new less than 50 hrs. I shut it off about 1/2 mile from the barn and walked around for awhile, then decided to start her up again. NOTHING no clicking starter, Nothing. Luckily I wiggled the HST pedal and after some trial and error the tractor started. This happened intermitantly until I greased ALL the linkage for that HST pedal. Problem solved when the pedal was able to center up on its own. Hope this is the problem for you and an easy fix.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #68  
The following forum rules shall govern the conduct of members of TractorByNet. In addition to these guidelines, our Terms of Use has an acceptable user policy in section 9, which all members are bound by and must agree to in order to sign in.

What's not allowed on TBN:

-Advertising or soliciting in message body or via PM (members with an "Advertiser" title are exempt from this rule but are prohibited from spamming via PM or posting duplicates of the same message in the forums)

-Insulting other members

-Arguing with other members, heated and unreasonable debate, "beating a dead horse" without any sign of rational thought process

-Concealing profanity in message

-Excessive use of profanity (whether filtered or not)

-Signature contains profanity, commercial links (unless an advertiser), inappropriate content, links to inappropriate content or content that appears to be there just to cause trouble.

-Discussion of religious topics

-Discussion of political topics

-Impolitely criticizing moderators, admins or site policies

-Mentioning dealer name in threads discussing problems or disputes with dealers

If you do any of these things, your messages may be deleted, or in some cases threads closed. Although rare, repeated offenses lead to account deletion or temporary bans.

Thanks for pointing this out. It is somewhat interesting that the “Terms of Service” are not obvious or even easily available from within the IOS App. As of a few moments ago, they are not even available from the website. Attempting to follow your link to the TOS shows up as

MAINTENANCE MODE
Our home page is undergoing maintenance and should be back online Monday, September 27, 2021.

Note that as of noon time on Sept 27, 2021, the site is still in maintenance mode.

Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #69  
Brands don't matter. Green, Orange Blue, whatever. I had a bad tractor from the get go. No one cares. Pre Covid. Once they got your money, it's anyones game. Get your money back. Things change quick. Priority one.

I had to write and call to corporate before they sent in a regional manager to escalate the problem. Also took it to a different dealer, because those dealers can make or break a situation. Took me 4 months before the original dealer was forced to take the old tractor back (which the dealer is stuck with which is why they don't want it back) and my new dealer built me a new one right out of the box.

Lemons laws don't mean jack. Once a vehicle is considered off road, they are ruled by a different set of laws and it's a whole new game. Your rights go down the tube.

Don't give up. Keep records. FIGHT.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #70  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
Morning,
I’ll try to help shed light on your issue, along with these other fellows. I have worked at a dealership for 13 years.
Kioti is one of the brands that is sold there.
First off, did the dealer explain the REGEN process with you?
there is a procedure in your manual that will show you how to do it.
In my experience, some had some water in the fuel, and if the tractor had been lugged around in the yard at the dealer, the soot content rises, thus dropping power to engine shutdown.
I can’t answer why they changed the fuel rail, if they did not diagnose the injectors first.
The Kioti scan tool is proprietary.
The check engine light will come on if the fuel filter is dirty, or the sensor on bottom of the filter is bad. Seat switches have been an issue as well. Bulkhead harnesses not plugged all the way in, or oxidized.
bad grounds, etc.. Is it hard to start, meaning does it take a bit of cranking for it to fire off?
Where is your next nearest dealer?

Last edited: