Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #61  
Hi, there may be one thing that could cause that. Can you post a picture of the solenoid wires and connections?

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles
IMG_3025.jpeg
IMG_3005.jpeg
IMG_3007.jpeg

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #63  
Which wire on the solenoid connects to the red one on the plug?

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #65  
Well I can not determine what could cause it to fail. My thought was the plug had the pull wire and hold wire reversed. The pull portion of the solenoid would have more current draw than the hold portion. A higher draw could overload the smaller relay’s contacts. If I had the tractor here I might could dive deeper into the problem.

As a sure quick fix I would probably get a relay like the bigger pull one with the socket. Then just wire it using the wires from the hold relay. Probably would have to extend the wires a bit to make it work and find a good place to mount it but probably wouldn’t ever have to deal with it again.

But at least you know what the problem is now and won’t just throw parts at it. Good job on seeing it through even though it took a while because of the back in forth here. I just did not want to steer you wrong till we had a definite answer.

I’m going to try to find a couple relays today

Well I can not determine what could cause it to fail. My thought was the plug had the pull wire and hold wire reversed. The pull portion of the solenoid would have more current draw than the hold portion. A higher draw could overload the smaller relay’s contacts. If I had the tractor here I might could dive deeper into the problem.

As a sure quick fix I would probably get a relay like the bigger pull one with the socket. Then just wire it using the wires from the hold relay. Probably would have to extend the wires a bit to make it work and find a good place to mount it but probably wouldn’t ever have to deal with it again.

But at least you know what the problem is now and won’t just throw parts at it. Good job on seeing it through even though it took a while because of the back in forth here. I just did not want to steer you wrong till we had a definite answer.
So are you suggesting to get a higher amp relay?

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #68  
That is what I think I would do. But that is your decision to make and if you feel like you can do it.

Not sure what you mean by the second paragraph.

Could the higher amp relay cause any issues with the wiring? The original relay is a 20/30 amp, the 2 I got today are 30/40 amp. How would I wire from the hold relay to the pull relay? Could I just use a jumper wire on the hold relays 2 wires that I tested on?