Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #71  
What I was trying to say is you may not have room to put a bigger relay in the same spot as the small blue one. You may have to extend the wires to reach. I would use something like a 40 amp relay so it doesn’t burn the contacts inside the relay so easily. Here is an example of a relay and socket. You probably can find one at an auto parts store.

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #72  
Don’t know why that link is saying that but it works if you click on it.

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles
What I was trying to say is you may not have room to put a bigger relay in the same spot as the small blue one. You may have to extend the wires to reach. I would use something like a 40 amp relay so it doesn’t burn the contacts inside the relay so easily. Here is an example of a relay and socket. You probably can find one at an auto parts store.

Are you saying to extend the wires from the hold socket to a larger relay? I bought a relay just like that one at Walmart

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #74  
Are you saying to extend the wires from the hold socket to a larger relay? I bought a relay just like that one at Walmart
No you will have to cut the wires go to the hold relay socket and splice them together with the new relay socket. The wires that came with your new relay may not reach. If not just add wire.

Make sure you wire the new relay the same way the hold relay is wired now.

No you will have to cut the wires go to the hold relay socket and splice them together with the new relay socket. The wires that came with your new relay may not reach. If not just add wire.

Make sure you wire the new relay the same way the hold relay is wired now.
Thanks, as soon as the weather clears here, I give it a try.

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #76  
Did you get it going?

I changed out the plug, spliced the wires according to the old plug, plugged in the 30/40 amp relay. No change. I jumped the 2 wires at the relay plug, that seems to be the only thing that works.

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #78  
Then you don’t have power on the red w/blue stripe and the relay is not energizing? That is what the relay does is make that connection. Does the relay you bought have 4 or 5 wires?

It has 5 wires

/ Branson 2400H fuel shutoff solenoid troubles #80  
I am wondering if you have the load wire on the wrong one? Can you try moving the blue w/yellow stripe to the one you did not use and test that? Or use your test light to see if the power is on the other wire when you cycle the switch to on?