Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter

/ Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter
Well I found a matched skidsteer blank and adapters. Instead of an 18" tall blank and having a 15-16+ short adapter, they should connect without a problem. I picked up a set of four 2" x 3/4 hooks @ 6500 # working load each, and some 1" clevices for the lower pins just in case. All I need now is to put it together when the stuff arrives.

I couldn't get anyone to give me the diameters of the upper hook or the lower eyelet of the two independent Euro brackets. Now, I believe those "loose" brackets as viewed on all web pages could just be reversed to right and left and it would fit on my Ansung quick attach, but the diameters are unknown and the pin would need lengthening.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503_150305_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503_150305_Chrome.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230503_184849.jpg
    20230503_184849.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • 20230503_184839.jpg
    20230503_184839.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
   / Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter #13  
Here's more info on the Euro quick attach from when I built my loader from scratch. I forgot I had this stuff. Hope it helps. Hook "hole" diameter is 41 mm and in the lower eyelet is 23 mm.

Screenshot_20220913-160018_Xodo Docs.jpg

Here's more info on the Euro quick attach from when I built my loader from scratch. I forgot I had this stuff. Hope it helps. Hook "hole" diameter is 41 mm and in the lower eyelet is 23 mm.

View attachment 799117
That should work. 41mm = 1.6" & 23mm = .9". I would need to enlarge the eyelet, maybe, which is typically under compression.

Well, I got it welded up today. The pins on the adapters are tapered and bind on the blank. There is about 3/8 space at the bottom and I'm not sure I like that. I removed the bolts and reversed the handles towards the inside and my hook now acts as the stop for the lever in both directions. I'm very happy with the quality of the adapter.

Attachments

• 20230512_191450.jpg
    20230512_191450.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 20230512_191435.jpg
    20230512_191435.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
I couldnt find this thread earlier while in search. I found this yesterday on this site and will deposit it here for easier searching for our older tractors.

Attachments

• FEL quick attach 2.jpg
    FEL quick attach 2.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 65
  • fel bracket sketch.JPG
    fel bracket sketch.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 64
  • bale spear 5.jpg
    bale spear 5.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 48
  • bale spear 2.jpg
    bale spear 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 51
  • bale spear 1.jpg
    bale spear 1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Im wondering if I need or anyone thinks I need to fasten a horizontal support between each SSQA, and why that might be needed. They are easier to install one at a time and each SSQA weighs a good 40 pounds or more.

Well, I got it welded up today. The pins on the adapters are tapered and bind on the blank. There is about 3/8 space at the bottom and I'm not sure I like that. I removed the bolts and reversed the handles towards the inside and my hook now acts as the stop for the lever in both directions. I'm very happy with the quality of the adapter.
I'm not happy with the space between the adapter and the plate. My new forks are greater than half inch. I noticed the adapter shift when the forks are placed on the ground. I believe every shift out of normal position is an opportunity for failure. The addition of a 3/8 plate to the base will minimize the movement. IDK, this is my first experience with SSQA's; the Branson/Ansung QA seems to be a more positive and fixed system that has less chance of failure.

Do all SSQA's have this space at the base?

/ Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter #19  
Yes the Euro quick attach it's like 1000% better. Easy and simple to use, strong while being light, not prone to seize and safer, a lot safer.

If you search on the forum, you'll find hundreds if not thousands of threads about failed SSQA, either the attachment pop outs randomly, or pops out on one side which then bends and twists the SSQA frame, frozen levers, the list goes on.

With the Euro quick attach, as you said, you get a positive lock. Hook on top and a pin through an hole at the bottom, it never fails and it's really prone to wear. Even if you forget to latch the attachment, it will only pop out if you really really want or if you happen hit a very hard bump going so fast that the implement will jump.

Also, with the Euro quick attach, many loader manufacturers will include a spring actuated auto latch. So when you hook the attachment and curl back, it will auto latch. You only need to unlatch it when removing the attachment.

/ Branson BL20 Quick Connect Bucket to Skidsteer Adapter #20  
Just another comment, I have the Euro connector loader on a 2004 Century 2535 (Branson 3510) and a couple of Kubota's with the SSQA. I have already straightened and reworked the front loader SSQA frame on one of the Kubotas. Give me a Euro hitch any day. W. Jones