Briggs Vanguard HELP!

/ Briggs Vanguard HELP! #21  
I think I would just pull it apart and make sure it's not something like a broken oil ring. 3000 hours is not bad at all but these engine become throw aways if you do damage to the block. I would also take a good look at the carb and the fuel line/ tank. Do it right and you could get another 3000 hours out of it.

Just remember if it was a car and it averaged 35 mph over it's lifetime that would be over 100,000 miles.

/ Briggs Vanguard HELP! #22  
I worked on one that the welch plug in the back of the carb had fallen out. It would only run with the choke on and smoked badly. Red arrow in pic points to the missing plug.

Attachments

• plug missing.JPG
    plug missing.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 666
   / Briggs Vanguard HELP!
well guys Im just gonna tear it down all the way and do a full rebuild. The engine sat untouched for the past three days and I did a compression check got nothing at all in the left cylinder and only 50 psi in the right, until I poured oil in the heads.
This will only be my fourth small engine complete rebuild so any and all of your advise is most welcome, or if anyone wants to take a stab at what I'm gonna find , feel free
Thanks