Broke my 3 point

/ Broke my 3 point #1  

Hughman

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC33DA
Heard a snap while mowing today followed by a floppy mower when I backed up. A pin that holds the lower arm to the axle snapped. At first I assumed almost 20 years of abuse with the box scrapper took a toll. After walking the lot and finding the broken pin, I'm wondering if it wasn't a bad cast or weld.

I couldn't find any reference or part number so I called the dealer. New one should be here in a couple of days for <$70.

Attachments

• PXL_20240522_235756260.jpg
    PXL_20240522_235756260.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
   / Broke my 3 point #2  
Glad it was easily replaced; just kind of seems like a bit of bad luck to me.

/ Broke my 3 point #3  
Heard a snap while mowing today followed by a floppy mower when I backed up. A pin that holds the lower arm to the axle snapped. At first I assumed almost 20 years of abuse with the box scrapper took a toll. After walking the lot and finding the broken pin, I'm wondering if it wasn't a bad cast or weld.

I couldn't find any reference or part number so I called the dealer. New one should be here in a couple of days for <$70.
Bad cast? After 20 years? Well, if the new one is made correctly, it should last 50 years!😅

/ Broke my 3 point
Got the new one installed today and got back to mowing. Part # in case anyone needs one in the future is SBA370900700. It cost me $63 (not too bad). Here's a pic of new vs old. The old one can be a pain to extract from the axle.

Attachments

• PXL_20240524_201807497.jpg
    PXL_20240524_201807497.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 55
   / Broke my 3 point #5  
Good thing it broke where it did. They sometimes loosen up at the mounting and do damage to the case. Be sure you inspect the mounting bolts periodically.

/ Broke my 3 point #6  
That's not cast. It also looks like it was cracked previously if you look at the stain.

/ Broke my 3 point
Probably the damage was done previously. It had 19+ years of abuse using a box scraper to pop rocks out of the ground. I think the rfm just happened to be the one hooked up at the moment it gave out. Easy enough to fix. The hardest part was identifying the part number.