Broken Backhoe Valve Cap

/ Broken Backhoe Valve Cap #1  

WalterWA

Tractor
LS XJ2025H
It appears that the backhoe valve detent cap busted on my XJ2025H. I've worked on a lot of cars but never any tractors. Is this part available? One issue is that it's a long way to the nearest dealer. I saw on Youtube that someone had the exact same problem but he fixed it with JB Weld and apparently called it a day. I'm not going to JB Weld this.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 165
   / Broken Backhoe Valve Cap #2  
The BH valve/hydraulic parts for these are hard to come by. There are a handful of people on here, myself included, who have rod end issues at the controls on the top side of the valve bank due to water getting into the boots and ruining the rod ends. Do you know how it broke? If it is truly just a cap to keep stuff out, and doesn't serve any other purpose, you may be able to get away with JB weld until you find a replacement. It looks like something hit it to break it like that.

/ Broken Backhoe Valve Cap
It's the detent cap for the left hand stick. Without it on there, it just flops around and no hydraulic pressure.

This video shows someone with the same problem.

This video shows the installation of an LS hydraulic update that apparently resolves the issue that leads to this failure.

Unfortunately neither of the two videos mention the actual part number for this cap. My dealer is completely useless...

/ Broken Backhoe Valve Cap #4  
One option, probably the most aggressive, is to take the valve out and bring it with you to a hydraulic supply store/shop. There they can match it with something and get you back up and running. Probably the most expensive route, but will likely minimize the amount of down time you have.

Another option is to keep googling. Sorry, I dont have a part number or schematic for you. Try calling another dealer. There are several dealers that you can call and order parts from, who will then ship them to you. Describe what you have and see if they can order it.

Lastly, is what you stated you dont want to do: JB weld. Clean it up really well, JB weld it back, and get back to work. Least expensive option and it will work, but I would still look at replacing it. JB weld buys you time, could be a few weeks, could be a few years.

/ Broken Backhoe Valve Cap #5  
I don't know what I'm looking at.

I was able to determine that the valve body on mine was made by Wavoil and once I found their part number, a distributor was able to find a way to get the parts.

If you can find an owner's or service manual for your BH, the manufacturer and their part numbers (not the LS part numbers) may be there.

/ Broken Backhoe Valve Cap
I went and called the original dealer who sold the tractor. Ag Bag Forage Solutions in Astoria, OR. They were able to get me the parts (in stock) and shipped within an hour. Should have just called them instead of my worthless local dealer. With shipping and tax, less than $60. Apparently it's an O ring inside the cap that blows out and results in a pressurization and immediate failure of the cap. The parts guy said this happens often enough that they had 6 in stock.

XANE228061 KENP Ring
XCAP210725 KENP Cap, Walvoil SD5

/ Broken Backhoe Valve Cap #7  
I see that this is a fairly old thread with no recent posts, but thought I would comment here first & see if I get any response. My tractor is a LS xg3025 and the backhoe attachment is a LS 1100 series. The first time I had an issue with the cap being broken because of excess pressure happened about a year ago. All of a sudden I lost hydraulic pressure in the hoe and the front lift & tractor power steering. I took the tractor with hoe attached to the dealer I purchased from. Naturally I was out of warranty by a couple of weeks but the repair cost was reasonable and the backhoe worked with no leaks. I don't use the backhoe very much so another year has gone by and after using the hoe for about an hour the same thing happened. Fluid was gushing from the same valve cap (valve on left hand side). Rather than carry the entire rig back to the dealer I took that valve off and carried it to the dealer. The LS tech sold me a used cap and installed it on the valve. He had no idea why it broke. He told me that the cap was not available by itself and that I would have to buy a complete new valve at approximately $900. Well I installed it back onto the hoe, hooked up the hydraulic lines and it still leaked around where the cap mounts onto the valve. That's when I searched this forum and found this thread. The comments have been helpful but none have identified the actual cause of the failure. I called the LS corporate HQ's here in NC and was told that the part was available in a kit but I had to order from a dealer. I contacted another LS dealer and ordered the kit for $268.79 with tax and shipping. I installed the kit, put it all back together and still have a leak. I have obtained a manual for the backhoe that has parts diagrams but for the life of me, I don't see any seal in the bottom of the valve where the cap bolts on. Has anyone found a fix for this problem? Just one other comment, I did order another kit (same one) from Airline Hydraulics for $73.00, tax & shipping included. It hasn't arrived yet so don't know if it's exactly the same kit. We'll see, Thanks for reading.