Broken seat spring - what would you do?

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #11  
   / Broken seat spring - what would you do?
The OP says there are four (4) springs in his seat. Not two.
That 'scissor-lift'/pantograph seat is common and very repairable. The springs are approx US$35 each.

Buy a set of four and replace the lot. (Keep three old ones as spares)

Item #2 is Part No. L114921.

BINGO!

I am truly amazed. When I went looking, including that website, all I could find was the price of a whole seat. You located my model and exact seat that I am dealing with.

My dealer is 45 minutes away and I have a short list of other items I need to get from them. Looks like priority to make a visit has been increased.

Thanks!

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #13  
U know you are a red neck when............

I would heat the spring, peel off (up) one loop so it sticks up like the broken piece. Cut to be similar to the old hook, heat the spring and quench it, Put it back and assume another good few years:)

Best,

ed

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #14  
   / Broken seat spring - what would you do?
U know you are a red neck when............

I would heat the spring, peel off (up) one loop so it sticks up like the broken piece. Cut to be similar to the old hook, heat the spring and quench it, Put it back and assume another good few years:)

Best,

ed
And I was thinking of TIG welding the broken piece back on and include extra material at the break for strength. Figured wouldn't bother any of the tempering in the spring. Maybe it would last for a few more years. Is that another red neck method?

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #16  
And I was thinking of TIG welding the broken piece back on and include extra material at the break for strength. Figured wouldn't bother any of the tempering in the spring. Maybe it would last for a few more years. Is that another red neck method?
LOL I tried a tension er spring with a stick just the other day and it didn't work out, so took the path above. Otherwise id be right with ya.

Yes I think that qualifies as a redneck repair:)

Best,
ed

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #17  
A snow plow spring at Tractor Supply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #18  
You can buy a whole new adjustable suspension kit for $160 that is a scissor type with springs just like yours. I bought one to put under my ZT mower seat 2 years ago and it works great. tracseats.com in Alabama.

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #19  
BINGO!

I am truly amazed. When I went looking, including that website, all I could find was the price of a whole seat. You located my model and exact seat that I am dealing with.

My dealer is 45 minutes away and I have a short list of other items I need to get from them. Looks like priority to make a visit has been increased.

Thanks!
You're welcome.
Best of luck with the repair.

/ Broken seat spring - what would you do? #20  
You might try heating the very end coil and rebending it. It's not a watch. Likely any farm Equipment Dealer would have a spring that is close enough. Good Luck.