Broken welds

/ Broken welds #1  

bellview

Tractor
Mahindra 1626 shuttle
Using my Mahindra 1626 shuttle to move a dirt pile I noticed unusual left front tire movement. I was in 4wd and tires were turned slightly to the right. Before I could disengage and get stopped, the axle had broken loose the bracket at the weld and forced the tire towards the rear of the machine which in turn broke the right side loose folding the entire front axel back up under the chassi which crushed and put a hole in the oil pan.
Anyone else ever heard of this or had issue with welds or inferior steel in Mahindra?

/ Broken welds #2  
I had a similar problem with a massive Ferguson, 1528. Be very cautious as to who you find to repair it. My front axle broke off three times due to poor workmanship on the first repair. I ended up taking it 1000 miles to a shop that I knew, and they repaired the frame and axle and never had a problem with that again. However, the innards for the four-wheel-drive were so expensive that I ran the tractor for years is a 2 Wheel drive instead of a four-wheel-drive.

Years later, when I could afford it, I traded that mother off and bought a Kubota 2501.

/ Broken welds
I'm wondering if the 7 year chassi warranty will help cover this. I dont think that the welds should have broken loose and I had just had the dealer change hydralic fluid 4 hours earlier so they had it in the air and removed 5 drain plugs. One on each side of the axle. I would have thought that they would have looked around a bit. The welds are right there by the drain plugs. This was a catastrophic failure.

/ Broken welds #4  
I've had busted welds on lots of small machines I've owned. I just use the el cheapO Harbor freight welder and put it back in service. Every once in a while it needs professional welding attention on some items and those get that paid work done. Otherwise yep welds do break.

/ Broken welds #6  
I don't think welds should break. Engineering and welding should ensure the connection exceeds the demands. Welds breaking under 'normal' use are a red flag in my opinion.
Anything can fail, even a good weld, under the right condition.

/ Broken welds #8  
I don't think welds should break. Engineering and welding should ensure the connection exceeds the demands. Welds breaking under 'normal' use are a red flag in my opinion.
A proper weld in the right application won't break. The steel around it should bend or break before the weld does. Be nice to see some pictures, but based on what I've seen on a lot of newer equipment, I'll bet the welds that broke on the OP's machine had almost no penetration.

/ Broken welds #10  
Everybody loves pics -especially of catastrophic failures like you are describing

IF Nothing else Pics may Help another owner of this Model catch it early. That could be very Helpful to them .
Sorry This happened, Hopefully a warranty repair.