Brush Cutter

/ Brush Cutter #1  

ColdBlackWind

Tractor
Farmtrac 60
I have a CT322 Deere. It doesn’t have an enclosed cab. Wanting to get a brush cutter to take care of the wooded area of my property. Was thinking about using expanded mesh with 1/8” lexan for a front shield while using the brush cutter. Thoughts??

/ Brush Cutter #2  
Old conveyor belt cut to fit and chains have worked for most people for years, I would think that expanded metal would be hard to clean up once clogged up with grass clippings .

/ Brush Cutter #3  
Are you putting the shield on the cutter front or behind the tractor seat?

Bruce

/ Brush Cutter #4  
Are you putting the shield on the cutter front or behind the tractor seat?

Bruce
I made the assumption that he was talking about building a guard for the front of the cutter, but you know what assumptions are good for doing.

/ Brush Cutter #5  
A JD CT322 is a skidsteer. So I imagine he will put the guard in from of him.

/ Brush Cutter #6  
Google seems to think that Deere is a track loader?

/ Brush Cutter #7  
1/8 polycarbonate isn't that thick. I've seen a rotary cutter on a tractor sling a grapefruit sized rock in a split second. What thickness are they using on the OEM shields?

/ Brush Cutter #8  
I have a CT322 Deere. It doesn’t have an enclosed cab. Wanting to get a brush cutter to take care of the wooded area of my property. Was thinking about using expanded mesh with 1/8” lexan for a front shield while using the brush cutter. Thoughts??
I've used a skid steer cutter many a day with no front glass. Just keep it tilted up if you lift it high. I've cleaned some nasty places with it. I never have it to where I can see the blades.

/ Brush Cutter #9  
There are aftermarket skid steer doors available and there’s aftermarket metal door shields if you want something more durable.

/ Brush Cutter
The machine is a track loader and I would be mounting on the front of the cab like a door. I don’t really care for the aftermarket enclosures and one from JD is stupid expensive. Was thinking expanded metal to get some air. A metal door shield sounds interesting. I had not run across that.