Bucket Shoes

/ Bucket Shoes #31  
Actually I only paid $44.95 and what you
have looks just like the ones I purchased
from Vevor think they were on sale

willy

The ones I got are the improved two jam bolt per ski. Wrench included. They are pretty well made.
Saw a pair of Vevor single bolt with plastic knob skis for $36.37 amazon warehouse used (paint scratches) and bought to see the difference. Improving the bolt hardware a simple modification.

/ Bucket Shoes #34  
I've been using them for several years, but only occasionally for snow. They are very easy to use, but leave an inch of snow on the ground.
Using my bucket without them is a little dicey, as my bucket side plates extend right to the level of the cutting edge. One little pavement irregularity or curl mistake will gouge the snot out of the pavement. Without the edge tamers, I generally lower the bucket flat (while stopped) then roll the bucket forward so just the leading edge of the cutting edge engages the pavement. I should really grind those side plates even with the bucket, or weld a 3-4" x 1/4" steel plate on the bottom to even it out.

/ Bucket Shoes #35  
I've been using them for several years, but only occasionally for snow. They are very easy to use, but leave an inch of snow on the ground.
Using my bucket without them is a little dicey, as my bucket side plates extend right to the level of the cutting edge. One little pavement irregularity or curl mistake will gouge the snot out of the pavement. Without the edge tamers, I generally lower the bucket flat (while stopped) then roll the bucket forward so just the leading edge of the cutting edge engages the pavement. I should really grind those side plates even with the bucket, or weld a 3-4" x 1/4" steel plate on the bottom to even it out.
I know what you mean by leaving an inch of snow. Leaving and inch every time it snows will build up and a bit of rain then it freezes you have ice. If you don't use them the uneven gravel driveways get scuffed and the bucket fetches up hard on frozen rocks. Be damned if you do and be damned if you don't. Maybe your approach of sometimes I do and sometimes I don't may work in my case. I like to leave an ice of snow on the gravel driveways I do because that protects the driveways and the snowblower or bucket is not into the gravel.

/ Bucket Shoes #36  
Comparing some Amazon shoes.
IMG_2537.JPG

Two bolt on left.
IMG_2539.JPG

The two bolt version is made heavier, better welds and construction, more ski tip lift.