Bucket Shoes

/ Bucket Shoes #21  
My self propelled 5 hp snow blower still digs in gravel. that's why Edge Tamers not for me. I got 2" steel pipe, cut one wall in length and put it on loader edge. Works great for 10+ years. Gravel movement is minimal. Easy on/off

/ Bucket Shoes #22  
One problem with shaving off a high crown is your pile of snow winds up being a pile of snow and gravel, and leaves a mess to be scooped up after it melts (depending where you can put your pile).

/ Bucket Shoes #24  
   / Bucket Shoes
I just got my VEVOR shoes! Very thick metal
and heavy nothing plastic about them. These
will last a very long time very well made. And
only $50!

willy.

/ Bucket Shoes #28  
IMG_2525.JPG

Tractor Bucket Protector(Upgraded Version), 2Pcs Ski Edge Protector, Turf Tamer Skid Protector with Grade8.8 Double Lock Nuts and Bolts, Heavy Duty Steel for Snow Removal Spreading Gravel,Orange https://a.co/d/6k20ec2

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

4” wide, 10mm (0.39”) thick plate steel, 11.625” long. M10 1.5mm grade 8 bolts.

Going to weld some blocks to catch the back of the bucket cutting edges to help lock the ski in place.

Not as high quality at Edge Tamers might be but less than half the cost.

/ Bucket Shoes
Actually I only paid $44.95 and what you
have looks just like the ones I purchased
from Vevor think they were on sale

willy

/ Bucket Shoes #30  
I plow 20 or so rural driveways and like to have options. The Edge Tamers are a great option for the occasional gravel drive I may be asked to do (none contracted), and after the rare deep snow that I would be pushing back piles or relocating snow.
My current options are:
Bucket with Edge Tamers
SSQA plow with polyethylene edge (steel available)
Rear plow with polyethylene edge (SAA)
Rear blower
Plow truck with steel edge
Ariens 30" blower

I'm also going to be testing a polyethylene hand shovel / plow that I've seen commercial guys using. I have a new elderly client that I don't want to see out shoveling her sidewalk and between cars.
View attachment 777566
As a hand snow pusher, that thing is awesome I could attest (2nd year with mine). Doesn't work great as a traditional shovel though, but that's not it's purpose.