Building a flatbed for my F350

/ Building a flatbed for my F350
Upon zooming in on the painted frame pic it appears the brake pads are not making full contact with the rotor. May want to check that out before mounting the bed.
Just hasn't been driven... Pads and rotors are "fairly" new. It sat on the dealers lot for a while, then i trailered it home. Probably hasn't seen 50 miles of travel in the last year! Once i get some miles on her I'll take another look at the brakes.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #82  
The pad wear may be an optical illusion on my computer.
Still a great looking job. Can't wait to see the final installed pics.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #83  
Maybe you already said and I just forgot, what type of paint did you use on the frame?? Looks very durable and well coated!!!

It's a brand my local Farm Supply place carries. Called XO Rust i believe. It's labeled as equipment enamel so i hope it's tough. I've never used it before this. Very slow dry time, I'm not super pleased with it so far.

I used Rust-Oleum enamel for the truck frame, added hardener to the mix before spraying, hopefully that turns out strong.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #85  
Really nice job TSO. If we where closed, I could have power coated it for you.

I would have preferred that!

Well had a setback today. I'm really not happy with that XO rust paint. It still hasn't cured, and bubbled or ran in certain places. On the other hand, the Rust-Oleum enamel that I used on the frame last night has already hardened and took on a very nice finish. I spent about 2 hours trying to sand off and clean the XO rust paint. Hoping to pick up a similar color Rust-Oleum tomorrow and repaint it with that.

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #88  
Well had a setback today. I'm really not happy with that XO rust paint. It still hasn't cured, and bubbled or ran in certain places. On the other hand, the Rust-Oleum enamel that I used on the frame last night has already hardened and took on a very nice finish. I spent about 2 hours trying to sand off and clean the XO rust paint. Hoping to pick up a similar color Rust-Oleum tomorrow and repaint it with that.

Bummer. Wonder if there is something wrong with your batch of paint?? I've had some Van Sickle paint take a couple days to cure, but nothing like the problem your having. Bummer.

Well got the rear axle serviced, new diff cover, finished painting the frame, replaced shocks, reinstalled the trailer hitch... Got her mounted, installed the fuel-fill neck, inserted all the lights (still need to finish the wiring). Picked up lumber for the deck too, so as soon as i finish the wiring i can install the decking.

Oh still need to pickup, drill, and install mud flaps as well.

1491182915299.jpg
1491183077183.jpg
1491183143140.jpg
1491183210089.jpg
1491183294684.jpg
1491183392326.jpg
1491183429111.jpg
1491183461367.jpg

Here she is next to her bigger sister (F450 crew).
1491183534931.jpg
1491183898540.jpg

/ Building a flatbed for my F350 #90  
Are you just going to butt the pieces of wood together or are you going to put strips of metal between them? I've never looked around but I would think that you could find metal to hold the wood down that would allow you to also use it as an anchor point for straps. Kind of like the metal inside a uhall.