Building a ROPS

/ Building a ROPS #21  
Mark,
On the 1100 and 1200 series Masseys the top and bottom half of the ROPS connect at the fender sheet metal. I believe he said that he only needed the top half. So I guess that the bottom part of the ROPS had been left on the tractor by the previous owner.

/ Building a ROPS #22  
ok, well then that should make a fine rops, i was unaware of that design and in the picture it just looked like it was attached to the fender, my appologies for insulting his design, but better to have raised the question than have someone get hurt, thanks for clearing that up, i had just always seen rops that went directly to the axle, not joint so it raised a red flag to me when i saw it bolted thru the fender but now i feel much better knowing that is not the case.

/ Building a ROPS #23  
Mark,
I agree. There could have been a disaster if it had been bolted to the fenders only. The MF 1400 series was switched to behind the fenders on the axle like Kubota, JD and NH.

/ Building a ROPS
Thanks for the safety concerns Mark. I took a picture of the underneath fender support bracket. I don't know how well the picture will show but basically the what I am calling the fender support(what the rops is supported buy) is attached to the tractor frame at the axle.

I do believe that I will install a work light as you suggested though

Attachments

• 410731-fender brace2.jpg
    410731-fender brace2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 175
   / Building a ROPS #25  
thanks for the other pics, i see now its not just bolted to the the fenders as it apeared at first, you made a very nice rops indeed, i just have never seen one setup that way so it made me a little concerned but now i see its a fine setup. good luck, and light mounting points are a nice side effect of rops equiped tractors, i know i love having the lights up high on the cab of my ford 8000 but it has no rops, just a sheetmetal cab, rops is in the plans tho, i have my eye on a few used ones