Building Lake Corona

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,041  
I'm surprised there isn't more wild vegetation on your groomed banks. I assume you haven't planted anything deliberately.
No haven't planted anything. Banks and walk path around the pond is almost solid clay so nothing grows well on it. I have a lot of top soil piled up that I plan to spread on the walk path around the pond this fall before I seed. Work got too bust to get it done this spring so that's still on the to do list.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,042  
Try some oats broadcast on the banks. It won't have great germination but some of it will get washed in with rains and take hold. Relatively inexpensive, even in you buy the whole oats sold as horse feed from TSC or Rural King. Annual rye grass would also work for that. Any germination will help hold soil and prevent silt from running back into the pond.

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,044  
The rain has arrived tonight. Flash warnings and heavy downpours. Should know in the morning if the pond holds promise. I'll be disappointed if we don't gain several feet from this one.
2021-06-24_09-51-38

/ Building Lake Corona #1,045  
Looking forward to the first time you have water flowing over your spillway. That really is the best !!!

/ Building Lake Corona #1,046  
Wow! 5 - 10" of rain in that area.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,047  
Eagerly awaiting pics. Put on your boots and trudge down! lol

/ Building Lake Corona #1,050  
Looking Good..JPG