Building Lake Corona

#1,061  
OP
J

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Case 55C CVT
Will put out a measuring stick after this round of rain. So far with each fill I've lost a couple of inches initially before settling but not as much as this last round. A measuring stick will tell me if it's steady per day or slowing down.

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I used a plastic yard stick and put it in upside down so it was flush with the top of the water when full. When it dropped an inch, then 1 inch was exposed. When it was down 6 inches, then that's what was exposed on the yard stick.

For me, it was good to understand how much I lost from evaporation. I was nervous of a leak and this showed me that it wasn't leaking. I lose about 2 inches per week when it's hot out. Once Summer is over, I have zero loss.

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
You might be right, Eddie. I'm a fan of bentonite but worst case... Jk can augment his banks.
I agree with Eddie. 6 inches is a lot of lost water.

Bentonite is great when you know where the leak is. Just drop a few bags over the leak and wait and watch. When a pond is leaking all over, Bentonite can get $$$$. Sometimes discing bentonite in is the best way.
hugs, Brandi

crmorse

Tractor
Kubota L47 TLB
Update please? Enquiring minds want to know! I'm in NE Alabama and it's been like monsoons down here.

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Any updates? I'd like to send some of our rain your way. I've had to remove water from my pool 3 times this summer and have yet to add any since I opened it.

Wakey

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
I think JK has started a new project. I wonder what he’s getting into this time.