Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer.

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #11  
Again, very nice - and the foresight to be able to use them on the sides or the back rail is great.

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #12  
Outstanding. (y)

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #13  
Very nice work!

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #14  
Very nice work! You sure know your way around a fab shop, even if it is the back yard! Looks like stick welding best I can tell. Is that all 6011? That's what it looks like to me on the weld close-ups I saw.

I assume you've used it a while since it looked to be finished before winter, so how does it pull for you?

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #16  
Helluva project to pick when you've never built one before. Great job. Great engineering.

Adding that 3rd axle put you over the 26k lbs GVW?
As an alternative, what about putting some more space between the axles for wider weight distribution, and take a little pressure off the tongue?
Just my 2¢

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #17  
Very nice job! Looks very professional.
I wanted to do the same (convert regular trailer to a dump trailer) but gave up on the idea.... just too much work for me to take on....

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer.
Thanks for all the kind words guys!
Dave, it is indeed mostly stick welded, 7018, nothing special… I have used it quite a bit recently, mostly hauling my snowmobile out to the bush lately… pulls real good and it does have a fair bit of tongue weight being as how far back the axles are.
Duffer, I’m up in Canada and the 26k rule doesn’t apply here. You can pull any trailer with a single axle truck as long as it doesn’t have airbrakes with a regular class 5 license… some provinces require a heavy trailer endorsement if the trailer ismover 10k lbs… I have a full CDL anyway so either way I’d be good to go.

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #19  
Nice looking trailer!
I was going to comment on the axles being kind of far back but I see you found that out. Take notes for the next one :)
What is your reasoning for wanting it a full dump?

/ Built myself a dumping flatbed trailer. #20  
WOW!! Just WOW!! Drooling over here! She's a beaut Clark!