bumper pull or gooseneck

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #31  
When you do firewood you just need load it on the trailer with the tractor
FYI I would doubt that I would put that load on a bumper hitch trailer
View attachment 325595

I wish I could do that.

But my trailer is only 25' and the tractor takes up most of that.

Plus I dont like hauling the logs. I'd rather leave the sawdust mess in the woods.

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #33  
I wish I could do that.

But my trailer is only 25' and the tractor takes up most of that.

Plus I dont like hauling the logs. I'd rather leave the sawdust mess in the woods.

Pull another trailer behind the Gooseneck, that is what I do.

Notice the receiver hitch and trailer light connector, that I ordered from the factory!
P9062369.JPG

I used a 16' deckover with 6 big round bales on it, behind this 24' with 8 bales.
P7310009.JPG

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #34  
Pull another trailer behind the Gooseneck, that is what I do.

Notice the receiver hitch and trailer light connector, that I ordered from the factory!
View attachment 325596

I used a 16' deckover with 6 big round bales on it, behind this 24' with 8 bales.
View attachment 325597

That would make it a bit interesting getting into and out of my driveway that I already have a hard time with, with only 1 trailer:mur:

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #35  
That would make it a bit interesting getting into and out of my driveway that I already have a hard time with, with only 1 trailer:mur:

Due to the distance from the gooseneck axles back to the receiver hitch, the 2nd trailer doesn't swing much wider.

I had to go through several gates and turns hauling hay at 10.5' wide, no problem. :thumbsup:

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #37  
I don't believe my weight estimate is far off. My title says "15680 GVWR and also 5710 Shipping Weight"
Doesn't seem WAY off to me.

your weights might be in line for a goosneck trailer. but they are literately twice the empty weight of a 18-20' 12-14K bumper pull. These arnt poorly made equipment trailers. My numbers come right from big name trailer manufactures.

as the OP wants pros and cons of BP vs GN.... i think that point needs to be made when considering how much cargo you can put on each version.

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #38  
your weights might be in line for a goosneck trailer. but they are literately twice the empty weight of a 18-20' 12-14K bumper pull. These arnt poorly made equipment trailers. My numbers come right from big name trailer manufactures.

as the OP wants pros and cons of BP vs GN.... i think that point needs to be made when considering how much cargo you can put on each version.

Not all GN/ 5th wheel trailers rated for 10,000 lbs. weigh 2 or 3 tons- here's a data plate for 10k load rated trailer equipped with 2- 6 k axles trailer hydraulic return RHINO 005.JPGwhich should maximize the weight that can be carried when the Gn or 5th wheel combined weight limit with vehicle is around 19k lbs.

You can always buy or build heavier trailers but at some point you begin to give up payload of the trailer due to GCWR limitations ...my :2cents:

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #39  
Not all GN/ 5th wheel trailers rated for 10,000 lbs. weigh 2 or 3 tons- here's a data plate for 10k load rated trailer equipped with 2- 6 k axles View attachment 325612which should maximize the weight that can be carried when the Gn or 5th wheel combined weight limit with vehicle is around 19k lbs.

You can always buy or build heavier trailers but at some point you begin to give up payload of the trailer due to GCWR limitations ...my :2cents:

Not sure what you are implying, but I bet that trailer is well over 2k.

They are probably taking off the weight of the axles themselves, and figuring 10% tongue weight to arrive at their 10k capacity.

/ bumper pull or gooseneck #40  
Not sure what you are implying, but I bet that trailer is well over 2k.

They are probably taking off the weight of the axles themselves, and figuring 10% tongue weight to arrive at their 10k capacity.

Had not considered the 10% pin weight , and it makes sense that they would subtract the axles weight from the rating but this company was a pioneer in lightening of their trailers while providing high load carrying capacities the company that produced the trailer pioneered the “true” combo trailer to the flatbed industry
Wilson has been producing the combo trailer longer than any current manufacturer in North America. By introducing the combination steel and aluminum trailer in 1983, Wilson ushered in a new era with significantly reduced trailer weights without diminished capacities. 3800lbs. is not out of the question ... Next time i haul something to our local recycler will get a hard #.

Last edited: