bush hog recommendation

/ bush hog recommendation #32  
We have a Woods BB720x (6ft) on our MX5800 tractor. It does a great job on the brush and saplings. It has a 3" cutting capacity and is pretty stout at ~1200 lbs. We paid a little extra for the chain guards.
I’ve got one as well for my JD 4066R. It’s a beast, but it does a great job. I’ve lost a couple of the chain guards because of lost or broken bolts. Not cheap to replace. When I did, I added Loctite to the new and the existing bolts on all the guards. Worth checking if you haven’t already experienced the problem. The existing ones on my machine weren’t very tight. Still, a very good cutter. I like the blade attachment design.

/ bush hog recommendation #33  
imho a 7' hog is a bastard size machine seldom used. appropriate size jumps usually from 6' to 8' twin spindle. agree w/consensus, 7' would be an oversized mismatch. 6' would be fine. loaded rear tires would help w/the relatively light weight of your tractor. best of luck

/ bush hog recommendation #34  
I’ve got one as well for my JD 4066R. It’s a beast, but it does a great job. I’ve lost a couple of the chain guards because of lost or broken bolts. Not cheap to replace. When I did, I added Loctite to the new and the existing bolts on all the guards. Worth checking if you haven’t already experienced the problem. The existing ones on my machine weren’t very tight. Still, a very good cutter. I like the blade attachment design.
Thank you Otgaugres. I told my husband and he said he will check the bolts. We don't want to lose them, especially since it would probably take a few months and some bucks to get a new set.

/ bush hog recommendation #36  
Name a better one? It’s what all the state Highway departments use
So you work for brown or get a commission or something?

You comment on every post....even guys asking about a light duty cutter for mowing pasture and suggest a heavy brown.

You have been to ALL 50 states to know that ALL divisions in each state use brown.........not. you are so full of yourself it isn't even funny.

When splitting hairs on what is "best"....it comes down to opinion. But there are heavier duty cutters than the brown 416.

And best at what? How are you using a cutter....

Bottom line....nobody is disputing that brown doesn't make a good cutter. But damn....take the freaking blinders off