Bush Hog

/ Bush Hog #131  
You mean like "Band-Aid", "Kleenex", & many other brand names that are used by millions of people EVERY DAY?
I can't think of a better compliment for a brand.
I'm sure Bush hog doesn't mind.
Dont forget Xerox.

/ Bush Hog #132  
I'm from up north, but I my wife tells of her Arkansas college roommate who asked her to grab a carbonated beverage from the fridge:
"Can you grab me a coke? I'd like a root beer."
That’s true. The others are : I done done it, I’m fixing to, I ain‘t got no and “worsh” for wash. Bottom line is the ability to communicate. I do a lot of “Bush Hogging” with my 3 “rotary cutters” 😂 Cheers !

/ Bush Hog #133  
I don't know how I missed such and entertaining and insignificant thread like this!

The lawyers at Velcro Inc would like to have a chat:

/ Bush Hog #134  
There was a thread on hear a while back and I said something about a turn plow or bottom plow and it wasn't but a few minutes a do-gooder informed me that the proper name is mold board plow, it makes me sick when someone is that **** about what someone else says or calls an implement and they know full well what they mean.

/ Bush Hog #135  
There was a thread on hear a while back and I said something about a turn plow or bottom plow and it wasn't but a few minutes a do-gooder informed me that the proper name is mold board plow, it makes me sick when someone is that **** about what someone else says or calls an implement and they know full well what they mean.
You weren't wrong. While "moldboard" is the most common term, the others are used, as well.

/ Bush Hog #136  
I know I'm being picky but I have an issue with folks calling a rotary mower a Bush Hog. Bush Hog is a brand name just as John Deere, Ford, Dodge, etc.
Home - Bush Hog This is the Bush Hog website note they even call them rotary cutters. I know it may be a hard habit to break but could we learn to call them rotary cutters unless of course you are referring to the Bush Hog brand.
When hunting Hogs I sometimes go into the Bush, Would that be called Bush Hog Hunting?

/ Bush Hog #137  
I know I'm being picky but I have an issue with folks calling a rotary mower a Bush Hog. Bush Hog is a brand name just as John Deere, Ford, Dodge, etc.
Home - Bush Hog This is the Bush Hog website note they even call them rotary cutters. I know it may be a hard habit to break but could we learn to call them rotary cutters unless of course you are referring to the Bush Hog brand.
Whew. Do you have issues. It's beeb this way as long as I remember and I'm 68.

/ Bush Hog #138  
We were loading old Sheetrock and Fiberglass insulation in a Dumpster for a Realtor wanting to clean out an Cape Cod. I fell and injured my shoulder. One of my employees was throwing chunks of drywall out the upper windows like a Frisbee and knocked me onto the ground.

Went home after my fall and wrapped shoulder in an Ace Bandage. Dry Ice really helped with the swelling. My wife put Band Aids on the cuts. I took Tylenol for the pain. Hurt so bad, it thought I’d slip some Bubble Wrap between my shoulder and the back of the Laz-Boy recliner!

Doctor said I needed sleep, so I drank Sanka in Styrofoam cups instead of regular coffee to avoid caffeine.

First couple days after my fall, I could barely Zipper my Windbreaker, or even put on Chap Stick to go check on how the guys were doing at work. Instead, I just called one of my workers on his Flip Phone to see how things were going. I suggested we Videotape all the progress each day at work. I joked around with him that he needed to get an I-phone!

After a few more days, I was able to make stew in the Crock Pot and live of that at home.

Whew! Sure glad I dont use brand names like you guys! lol

Last edited:
   / Bush Hog #139  
We’ve always “wormed” cattle, horses, dogs, cats, etc. Our daughter is a veterinarian and constantly chides me that the correct term is de-worming. Hmmm… thanks for pointing that out, but I don’t see me changing.

/ Bush Hog #140  
When I worked for Proctor and Gamble you were almost dead meat if you called it "kleenex" instead of facial tissue. I have a Sawzall you can borrow if you want to. Lol😅😅
I worked for a supplier to KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). The company jet was sent to pick up some KFC executives for a quail hunt outing. They were offered a beverage after takeoff, a choice of Coke or Sprite. All declined. Oops.
Note: KFC was then owned by PepsiCo.

Last edited: