Bush hogging is best without front loaders on

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #91  
Unless I'm using the loader or forks I never have the loader on my tractor. I can't imagine running the bush hog with the loader on. It's so easy to remove there's no reason to leave it on anyway.
I can't imagine taking the loader off for anything. I've never taken mine off and 90% of my tractors' utility is with the loader. I always have the grapple on, or the bucket, or the forks. I can't imagine driving around without the utility of a loader.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #92  
I do much more ground engagement, bush hogging, ditch bank cutting and finish mowing than I do loader work. I just find that huge weight out in front very cumbersome and in my line of sight. That said, my tractor is almost twice as big as yours. I would say with the loader and something for ballast it would be 25' long or longer. Just too much out front to try and maneuver with. To each their own. But my loader is very simple to remove and install. It can be done in a couple of minutes. So no biggie taking it off when it's not needed and saving the wear on my tractor.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #93  
fair enough. how easy are your hyd lines to detach as well?
I have the single point connector so off and on in a matter of seconds. All six connectors at once.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #94  
Raise it up high so you can see under it!

View attachment 738733

Sometimes I’ll mow a property where there’s some soft areas. Bucket on loader lowered to ground plus a little down pressure, throw tractor in reverse and flatten the ruts! Anytime I see a rock, I pop it with bucket and scoop it up in the bucket and dump in the woods.

Just giving you some ideas ;)
Y'all keep 'em on. I'll take mine off. LOL. No way I want that thing out in front of me all the time.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #95  
I can't imagine taking the loader off for anything. I've never taken mine off and 90% of my tractors' utility is with the loader. I always have the grapple on, or the bucket, or the forks. I can't imagine driving around without the utility of a loader.
Only to switch to forks.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #96  
Since we're talking about poison ivy, the best way to get it off if you know you've got it on you is to use gel hand sanitizer composed of alcohol. That will disolve and remove the greasy urushiol. Trust me. This is not well known it seems, but it works better than anything else I've tried.
Alcohol hand sanitizer is good too for getting the diesel stink off your hands, gloves, boots, etc.

Last edited:
   / Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #97  
When bush hogging in an unknown environment i lower the bucket just enough to catch anything that might tear the tractor up. Of course i go slow. On a known field i raise it well above weeds in order to see better

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #98  
I just bought a new tractor with a loader on it, so it's been a new experience bush hogging with a loader. I've run into trees with it twice now because I thought I could make past them while turning. I wasn't going too fast, but it was still a solid hit that scared me into thinking I had damaged something. Or bent something. Fortunately, I'm still good and nothing was damaged.

What I really like about mowing with the loader is being able to fill the bucket with a load of dirt while mowing, and then dumping it in a low spot, or where a tree used to be and the stump needs filling back up. I have more of those areas then I realized, so it's nice to be able to do two things at the same time!!!!

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #99  
I just bought a new tractor with a loader on it, so it's been a new experience bush hogging with a loader. I've run into trees with it twice now because I thought I could make past them while turning. I wasn't going too fast, but it was still a solid hit that scared me into thinking I had damaged something. Or bent something. Fortunately, I'm still good and nothing was damaged.
t?
What I really like about mowing with the loader is being able to fill the bucket with a load of dirt while mowing, and then dumping it in a low spot, or where a tree used to be and the stump needs filling back up. I have more of those areas then I realized, so it's nice to be able to do two things at the same time!!!!
What did you get? Don't forget pics.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #100  

Eddie, good to see you out there knocking some screws down. Before you know it, you’ll hang up the tool belt and make a living out of it like Im doing. lol
Get yourself a bale spear. I can knock low branches off with mine really well. The smaller lower tines can pick up logs very well.

Last edited: