Bush hogging is best without front loaders on

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #81  
good points LD1. with an 8' mower on an MX, you surely must have a drag type mower. in that case, & with the mid size tractor, removing the fel given the acreage makes sense. in my own case, given the weight of the 8' 3ph mower, retaining the fel is a must for me given the hills, etc.
as mentioned, fel removal is according to one's own setup. 500 acres is a lot to mow with an MX!,
previously had one myself, solid tractor, best regards

Last edited:
   / Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #82  
good points LD1. with an 8' mower on an MX, you surely must have a drag type mower. in that case, & with the mid size tractor, removing the fel given the acreage makes sense. in my own case, given the weight of the 8' 3ph mower, retaining the fel is a must for me given the hills, etc.
as mentioned, fel removal is according to one's own setup. 500 acres is a lot to mow with an MX!,
previously had one myself, solid tractor, best regards
No its a mounted cutter. Woods ds96 to be exact @~1600 pounds.

I dont mow 500 acres all at once. Its a mowing business. Like I said it is mostly ~5 acre lots that were once fields....but split up and sold and new people want to build a house but cannot see the lay of the land to stake out a building site. But some of them are mowing pastures, or commercial sites, etc.

Doing ~20 acres a week during mowing season.....its not hard to hit 500/yr. Just some of my larger jobs are 20-30 acres and I can do them in a single day.

IMG_20210525_101020255_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200626_101121122_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210619_111839412_HDR.jpg

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #83  
real nice setup & site. one day i'll post pics of my own spring fed ponds & similar pastures.
presently prepping a duck food plot for millet, red clover & hairy vetch in the late summer.
cheers

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #84  
real nice setup & site. one day i'll post pics of my own spring fed ponds & similar pastures.
presently prepping a duck food plot for millet, red clover & hairy vetch in the late summer.
cheers
Those are actually three different sites and none of them mine.

As I said....I run a mowing business and do this for hire

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #85  
Those are actually three different sites and none of them mine.

As I said....I run a mowing business and do this for hire
regardless, nice site

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #86  
I cant imagine not having my loaders on , if i am using a tractor their will always be a use for the loader, the only time i could take it off would be while finish mowing around the structures which only takes a few minutes .
I think a loader is the most cumbersome piece of equipment you can have on a tractor. It extends the length at least by 50% and in my case even more. They are so easy to take off I can't imagine why anyone would leave it on. Aside from rocks which I don't have.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #87  
I think a loader is the most cumbersome piece of equipment you can have on a tractor. It extends the length at least by 50% and in my case even more. They are so easy to take off I can't imagine why anyone would leave it on. Aside from rocks which I don't have.
Workinonit, funny how different folks are…I don’t even notice my loader mounted on my tractor..lol I never take them off, maybe once for a repair.
A loader feels like “armor“ for the front end, the hood, the front axle, in case I run into something. When in “uncharted waters” that’s a lot of peace of mind.
When my loader is down and bucket curled back, it makes my tractor maybe 5-6’ longer. Of course 5-6’ IS more length, but 5-6’ on a rig that’s already 35-40’ long isnt that much more. If I raise the loader, it isn’t any higher at all!
However, the extra protection, the ability to push over brush/saplings and break off branches, carry off boulders in a bucket, or carry a chainsaw, brush cutter, smooth out ruts, extra traction for front axle and as a counterbalance for the mower, etc. far outweighs a little extra length.

One place I could see removing loader is when cutting grass fields that have been mowed many times and there’s little unpredictability. I sometimes use my 7495 in open fields where theres grass. I used my Fastrac with no loader on really large grass fields where I know there’s no need or use for a loader. So I guess you could say I do both, but mostly with a loader.

1648082691548.jpeg

But like they say “you do you, I’ll do me” ????……at least I think that’s what they say????
hahahaha

Last edited:
   / Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #88  
We are all different for sure. If I left my loader frame on the bucket would definately have to come off. It's so big I can't see the ground in front of me. But as I said, it's not an issue for me. 2 minutes and it is off.

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #89  
We are all different for sure. If I left my loader frame on the bucket would definately have to come off. It's so big I can't see the ground in front of me. But as I said, it's not an issue for me. 2 minutes and it is off.
Raise it up high so you can see under it!

1648082431481.png

Sometimes I’ll mow a property where there’s some soft areas. Bucket on loader lowered to ground plus a little down pressure, throw tractor in reverse and flatten the ruts! Anytime I see a rock, I pop it with bucket and scoop it up in the bucket and dump in the woods.

Just giving you some ideas ;)

/ Bush hogging is best without front loaders on #90  
fair enough. how easy are your hyd lines to detach as well?