Buying Advice Buying a backhoe ?

/ Buying a backhoe ? #11  
If you are buying used very high on your lists of musts needs to be GOOD TIRES.

And good hydraulic hoses and an all around not a piece of junk. You’re a lot better off to spend more money to buy a decent machine vs buying a restoration project.

/ Buying a backhoe ? #12  
Just a general comment;
yes an excavator is nicer many times for the actual digging,
however many times a backhoe is preferable.
If the places of use are widely separated a backhoe is much faster traveling,
the front end loader on a backhoe does a better job back filling.
A loader/backhoe can do more varied tasks

/ Buying a backhoe ? #13  
And good hydraulic hoses and an all around not a piece of junk. You’re a lot better off to spend more money to buy a decent machine vs buying a restoration project.
SO TRUE!

/ Buying a backhoe ? #14  
I would recommend the Yanmar YT235C it has the B75
backhoe, bucket, tiller and brushhog and I enjoy using it.
Very comfortable seat, all the controls are at your finger
tips very easy to use the controls. You can see videos
on youtube about this tractor!

willy

/ Buying a backhoe ? #15  
I would recommend the Yanmar YT235C it has the B75
backhoe, bucket, tiller and brushhog and I enjoy using it.
Very comfortable seat, all the controls are at your finger
tips very easy to use the controls. You can see videos
on youtube about this tractor!

willy

That might be the best tractor backhoe in the world. If so it’s the best of the worst.

/ Buying a backhoe ? #16  
Consider a mini excavator in lieu of a compact tractor with a backhoe. Mini excavators are dominating that market now, just like CTLs now dominate the former skid steer market.

/ Buying a backhoe ? #17  
Consider a mini excavator in lieu of a compact tractor with a backhoe. Mini excavators are dominating that market now, just like CTLs now dominate the former skid steer market.
Yes, ......if you buy BOTH a mini excavator AND a CTL, you will have better capabilities than a compact TLB.
Will cost a lot of total dollars though!

/ Buying a backhoe ? #18  
Buy a full sized used construction BH, use it for several years to do your jobs, then sell it for what you paid for it originally.

Keep your tractor for your tractor needs.

/ Buying a backhoe ? #19  
Having a construction backhoe myself (Case 580D, extendahoe ) I would offer that you need to look at what you are needing to do before buying one. For myself a tractor backhoe would not have realistically been able to do what I needed to do in my ground- I had to trench long distance for power, water and septic through ground that features a layer of decomposed Granite. Needed either a construction backhoe or an excavator-I went with the cheaper of the two options. I have had to put some money in to mine to fix a variety of hydraulic leaks and such but could probably recoup most of what I paid for it.

Last edited:
   / Buying a backhoe ? #20  
310 is a good digger but a poor loader. There are some trades.