Buying a new L5740 HSTC?

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #141  
I bet cranked it up 5 or 6. It would have been ice if the OM said how to adjust it.

Not really sure what your saying but I cranked mine up as tight as it would go and it was still aweful. Once you go AirRide you'll never go back to a machinical seat.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #142  
I meant 5 or 6 turns.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #144  
4shorts said:
Oh. Like I said, I went to the very highest and it was useless. I don't know what Kubota did with those seats. My 08 Kubota 4240 wasn't as bad as the 5740i bought after it.

But you had to make what to me would be major mods to fit your air ride in didn't you, and didn't you lose the swivel? I had a free air suspension seat (took it off after fitting up before release and since we ended up with some slight mods, we couldn't sell the seat on a production machine) that I let co-worker have because of the slanted seat pan. Love the air ride on our large JD and NH tractors and would want to have one on my 5740 but my crappy welding to modify the seat pan - I decided no. When I am lying in my hospital bed having my spine replaced (I am sure this will be possible in the future) I will wish I had learned to weld better.

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #145  
But you had to make what to me would be major mods to fit your air ride in didn't you, and didn't you lose the swivel? I had a free air suspension seat (took it off after fitting up before release and since we ended up with some slight mods, we couldn't sell the seat on a production machine) that I let co-worker have because of the slanted seat pan. Love the air ride on our large JD and NH tractors and would want to have one on my 5740 but my crappy welding to modify the seat pan - I decided no. When I am lying in my hospital bed having my spine replaced (I am sure this will be possible in the future) I will wish I had learned to weld better.

I didnt consider removing the orginal seat and removing 6 bolts of the seat pan to be "major". Im not a welder by trade but can hold my own when it comes to welding.
I did my homework on this seat. This just wasn't a seat that I randomly found and made work. I spent more time researching seats made by most of the major seat manufactures, looking at their engineered drawings and even accessories. The one I came up with was the best possible choice for the 5740 both in size, comfort and the end result " appearance".

To be honest, I thought the Kubota swivel was a joke. It was or seemed like it was less than a 15 degree turn. I realize that Kubota could only go that far because of the narrow area where the seat is placed but for me loosing that swivel was no compromise considering the comfort the air ride gives me now plus the air ride seat pad is a little wider now and it's easier to just twist my bum over if need be.

If I had to settle on the seat that came with this new 5740 I wouldn't have kept The tractor. It's as simple as that. As far as my seat mod goes. There has been many people look at the inside of this tractor and not one person could tell there was anything done with the seat.
I realize it's not within everyone's means or ability to do this mod but I still think considering how much more comfortable and healthier it is having it, it was worth posting on it.
I'm doing three more mods now on the tractor that most might not be able to do but I'll still post them just in case there are others that can or would like to do them but none of them will be as important as the air ride seat mod. I don't post any of this stuff for financial gain but just for members viewing pleasure and the hope it might help someone out. This past week I've had a serious health scare so beleave me when I say, if it can prevent a personal injury it's worth doing. ;)

/ Buying a new L5740 HSTC? #146  
You may want to wait to see if Kubota does offer an air ride seat for the GLs. If they do it could be easy to install and it may even have a swivel.

Seeing those old Honda remind me of my first ride, a Honda US90. Back then I was young and thin. I could actually float with those balloon tires, now I would sink. :laughing:

FYI all. I was told they have a factory air ride under carriage comming. The M8540 narrow now has one and it should be a close fit to the GL's as well. The standard one we've always had on the bigger tractors is too large.